Black water vent

G_S

Can someone tell me how this could happen?
1dcef04ed3f3897bfa4c981bb0a5bbe8.jpg

309462c71bd4c4205066b864dadf6b4f.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are we looking at a screw driven through the pipe wall into the fitting to hold it together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjr6150

The glue holding the joint together doesn’t look correct. Wondering if the piping was cracked when assembled and installer used some type epoxy in an attempt to glue it.

G_S

Are we looking at a screw driven through the pipe wall into the fitting to hold it together?

The crack is beyond the coupling

Piperflyer

I just had the pipe going to one of my grey tank break at the fitting. All I can figure is there wasn't room between the pipe and the chase it was run in. You can see where the fitting was rubbing on two side of the chase when the tank moved.
Took me two days and several hundred dollars to get it fixed temporarily, till my new tank comes in with new fittings. I sent pictures to Heartland and let them know of the problem. Hopefully they will review how they install piping in my model of Bighorn in the future. Hope you fix is easier than mine.

View attachment 57350

Gary521

Couple ideas. Perhaps the black tank has moved or sunk a bit on it hangers. Maybe somebody smacked the vent line while packing things in the basement.

G_S

Couple ideas. Perhaps the black tank has moved or sunk a bit on it hangers. Maybe somebody smacked the vent line while packing things in the basement.

The pipe was protected behind our basement wall, but the tank appears to be sunken in where the pipes go in. That may have caused the stress point. It is still under warranty so I will get it into the dealership for the repair. I have duct taped it in the meanwhile.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The crack is beyond the coupling

A closer look and I see it’s just the rough edge of the crack. Looked like screw threads at first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk