Progressive EMS-PT50X

tabibito

I recently bought a Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X for my 2013 Landmark. When I first plugged it in, it caused a very noticeable increase in the hum from the converter in my trailer. After a few minutes, I decided that this was not normal/acceptable and unplugged it.

I called Progressive Industries tech support. This was on a Sunday so I left a message. Within an hour I received a call from Progressive where the tech decided that I should initiate a warranty return. I had to snap a few photos to submit the claim online but it was approved the next day and a new unit was sent out.

It was about a week before I got the new unit and it would be a few more before I had the chance to try it out. With the new unit, there is no difference in the intensity of the converter hum and all seems well.

I wanted to share this story not to recommend anything per se but more to say an obnoxious hum isn't normal. Even a "new" unit (of anything) can be faulty so don't rule that out in your troubleshooting.