Low point drains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khd995

Silly question but, how many low point drains are on an 07' 3400RL. I no there is one. But someone told me there are two one for hot water and one for cold. If there is more than one, any idea where they are.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the same unit and only one low point drain. It's possible though that Heartland changed something mid year. We have one drain that is controled by a valve in the UDC and the other visible drain is for the Fresh Water Tank.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I don't know if this will help any, but the LPDs on our 2008 3400RE are on the door side forward of the entry steps.

gdog

gdog
We have an 09 3055 bighorn. The only low point drain I have seen is for the fresh water storage. Are there any others?
gdog

azbound

My 2008, 3400RL has both 2 LPD,s and a fresh water tank drain. The 2 LPD's are on the door side and well marked, the fresh water drain is on the opposite side and is not marked.

khd995

Thanks for the info, Ray I think mine maybe like yours. I have the fresh water drain and then in the UDC I actually have two valves. I dug out a piece of paper that says I'm supposed to open the closed one and close the open one. then turn on the water pump. Is this like yours.

Another question. I have not put water in my freshwater tank this year. However as I was getting ready to try and winterize my trailer by myself (first time) I noticed that now my freshwater tank showd 1/3 full. Where the heck did that come from. It was drained (I'm sure of this) last year when it was winterized, and I didn't fill it this year.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have a 2008 3400RE and we have a blue and red drain on the door side and a freshwater drain on the Off Door Side, which is way under the trailer between the tires. Hard to get too.

My intreste would be in how to keep these pipes from freezing in cold weather. Have heard that some of the pipes contact part of the frame and cause them to freeze. I plan to get some pipe insulation and enclose the pipes up into the cover on the bottom.

Has anyone insulated the LPD's?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the info, Ray I think mine maybe like yours. I have the fresh water drain and then in the UDC I actually have two valves. I dug out a piece of paper that says I'm supposed to open the closed one and close the open one. then turn on the water pump. Is this like yours.

Another question. I have not put water in my freshwater tank this year. However as I was getting ready to try and winterize my trailer by myself (first time) I noticed that now my freshwater tank showd 1/3 full. Where the heck did that come from. It was drained (I'm sure of this) last year when it was winterized, and I didn't fill it this year.
kdh, it sounds like we have the same set up. I also have the 2 valves. As for the fresh water tank, same thing again. Our's reads 1/3 most of the time. When I really want in empty, I open the drain valve while traveling. It seems to drain best when braking or going downhill.:confused: I've never put much faith in these level monitors and they have been the same in every rv we've owned. We had to use our fresh tank last week and flushed it out good before the final fill but we still used an additive to improve the taste of the water. I think a better idea for a fresh water tank drain would have been directly below the tank. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.