Unlevel stove

sjrellis

I have just assumed that we have not been exactly level while trying to cook on the stove using a small amount of oil. I mean the oil was just on the back side of the pan. Tonight, I got the level out and we are perfectly level front to back and side to side. It is the stove that is not level. Has anyone experienced this? And what did you do about it? We are not close to a Heartland dealer, but something needs to be done about it. Thanks!

ChopperBill

I can put a level in six different places in ours and come up with 6 different readings. Guess if you want the stove perfect you are going to have to level the trailer to the level reading on top of the stove.

boatdoc

We have NEVER had an RV that was level in different spots in the RV. When we level up I don't know where she puts the level because I'm outside doing the up and down. I do it this way so she can't complain that something aint level 10 minutes later. I also make SURE she likes it before we start with something else in set-up.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sandra, there is one thing that might work. We tried it and had at least a little better leveling than it was before. Remove the top pieces to the stove. Grills, cover plate, burner cover.and I dont remember if the vent cover on the back has to come off or not but you'll find out as you go. There are 4 screws through the sides of the burner cavity that hold the whole shebang to the counter frame. Assuming your RV is level, remove the screws and the hard part is now to level the oven and replace the screws at the same time. We did this and we were better but not right on. To get closer I used 1/4" washers on top of the rubber grommets that the grates sit in. Hope this helps.

Sparkie

We had the same problem in our 06 Landmark. The dealer had to pull it out and re-install it. They told us it was a common problem. If your under warranty get ahold of your dealer. If your a handyman I'm sure you can do the fix!

Happy camping!!!