Caulking behind the front cap

So I was on the roof of my RW427 and noticed the blackcaulking behind the front cap was basically turned to powder. Should I plan on fixing soon and what should I use?

Thanks much,

Cheers

MTPockets

I have found Proflex brand to be the best for adhesion and doesn’t chalk... having said that, I used Eternabond in that application as it’s a one time fix and you’re done. My cap was white. Don’t know if Eternabond comes in black.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
does anybody know what prepping is needed if any for putting enterbond tape over the front and rear seams of the caps?

hoefler

Clean the surface with Lacquer thinner or Gasoline, per their instructions. I did both of my caps several years ago, the used Dicor Self-Leveling Lap sealant on the edges, still holding.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have found Proflex brand to be the best for adhesion and doesn’t chalk... having said that, I used Eternabond in that application as it’s a one time fix and you’re done. My cap was white. Don’t know if Eternabond comes in black.

It comes in black. You can find it on Amazon, as well as other sites. I've just ordered a roll of the 4" white to finally do my roof seams. No leaks and I want to keep it that way.