Two Questions

Dave

Traveling Two
#1. Our new Sundance 3300SK has a leak showing up on the carpet in the bedroom slide in the corner of the slide by then head of the bed, not where the slide seal is but in the corner of the slide. All external caulk and seals look good, slide seal looks good. We also have a slide awning which I hoped would limit the possibility of a leak. Any ideas?

#2. After turning the shower head off to soap up, when I turn it back on we get a blast of hot water. After a few seconds water temp returns to normal. Any ideas? Our last camper did the same thing except we would get cold water after turning the shower head on.

Keep on camping...be safe.

Dave

fhollan

Slide Leak!

Dave: Since you mentioned it is not the seal that is causing the leak and you have the awning above the slide, I would take it to your dealer since it is a new unit and under warranty and let them fix it. Moisture can do a lot of damage if it's not taking care of. Luckily I haven't had that problem, yet!

As far as your shower problem, I've got that in my present unit and had it in my travel trailers. After soaping up and before turning on the shower head to rinse, I learned to step aside. Hope you get your leak fixed!

seabee

Look out for the water its HOT !

I got to say that the problem is the hot water tank is below the shower a real short trip and it becomes a race,and the hot will win,if you had it further away no problem,just remember don't turn it on with you in the way.
Seabee

I wanted to add this, In a house the showers would have a anti scald valve these in the trailers are not obviously,and with the setup they have put in I,m not sure you could find a anti scald with the two handles.

Last edited:

bigredtruck

WE put in the Oxygenics shower head. the water still trickles when you shut it off and saves you from the icy or scorching blast, which we have had in every trailer we have owned. Plus it's a great shower!