The best trailer at the Sturgis Rally 07 and 08

Cyclone Traveler

1 year and 27,000 miles later and we still love our 3210. The old school gasoline GMC we had at purches does not compare to the Duramax Chevy now pulling us around. I would like to thank all those that are posting personal modifications they are very helpful. I am currently working my version of the flag mounts for the next MC rally. Thanks
J

Attachments

• New 3210.jpg
    New 3210.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Sturgis 07.jpg
    Sturgis 07.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Sturgis Mount Rushmore 07.jpg
    Sturgis Mount Rushmore 07.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Colorado on the way back to the East Coast.jpg
    Colorado on the way back to the East Coast.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 325

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey Traveler,

Where do you stay when you are in Sturgis? We went in '02 and stayed at Glencoe...now that was wild!! Convenient when staggering back from the Full Throttle!! Wish Sturgis was closer to the East Coast but the "scenery" makes it well worth the trip. :rolleyes:

Do you have just the 1 A/C and if so, did it do the job without beating itself up?

The Rage 'N that we had back then wasn't well insulated so the "Master Suite" became uncomfortable at times. I'm hoping the Cyclone handles it much better.

Dave

fmurray3

We have a 2008 Cyclone 3210 and have camped from Virginia to Texas and back to South Florida during the summer months and it gets the hottest in South Florida. The one A/C has always cooled the unit sufficently. If it doesn't you could always try the A/C vent mod outlined on the forum. According to the post replies this works exceptionally well.

Cyclone Traveler

TrukNut,

I agree as we are also from the East Coast. However, Sturgis is my all time favorite rally and we try to go every year. This being our seventh year we took our son and stayed in Keystone at Miner’s RV behind the Travelodge with views of Mount Rushmore. Keystone is more family oriented especially with the kid. However, my all time favorite place and where we usually stay is the Buffalo Chip. One year we barely left the compound, at least what I can remember. Can you have too much fun… NO.

We do have two ac units. I added the second after a trip through the south last year. I like it cold, really cold… 70 and below. I found that after it hits 100 and high humidity the one unit would run all the time and not get nearly cold enough at least for me. So I added another 15000 Btu in the bedroom and now I have no problems getting cool. This year when we went through OKC with temperatures above 106 and humidity in the 90’s the trailer was a comfortable 69 degrees without any issues nor were the units running constantly. My wife disagrees with 69 degrees being comfortable, we just have more blankets onboard.

J

Cyclone Traveler

Truknut,

We are in PA a lot and will be up next week for the York open house. I am always looking for a reason to get out especial rallies in the area, do you know of any good rallies in the PA area? We stumbled across the Morgantown rally on the way to Sturgis this year and it appeared to be happening. The George rally Loco has posted also looks like a blast.

J

Big G

Big G
Hill City, SD

Traveler,
We made Sturgis this year and last. If you like a family atmosphere try Rafter J Bar Ranch, it's a great place and plenty of space. It's 15 miles to Mount Rushmore and a little further to Rapid City, all beautiful riding. You probably didn't need the second AC this year, it was nice and cool most evenings, with a shower or two...haha

Rafter J Bar Ranch
CIMG0550.jpg

Hill City, SD
CIMG0536.jpg

truknutt

Committed Member
Traveler,

Thanks for the A/C info; DW & I both work in facilities that tend to be on the chilly side (67 - 69 degrees) so the heat kicks our old butts!

With regard to PA rallies: there is the June "Thunder in the Valley" in Johnstown.

Gettysburg holds its "Bike Week" in July.

Western Maryland holds their "East Coast Sturgis" in August (Wild & Crazy-Buffalo Chip country style!).

These are the "biggies" that I know of in this area.

I'll be heading to York's Open House again this year. It's supposed to rain on Saturday. Are you bringing the Cyclone or just popping up for the day?

Later,

Dave

Cyclone Traveler

Truknut,

No problem, sounds like datacenter work. J

Thanks for the list and the links, we will definitely have to hit these next year. I have heard the dry camping at East Coast Sturgis is a tough approach downhill. Have you taken your cyclone? If so any issues getting in?

We are headed down tomorrow afternoon with the Cyclone and staying at the Thousand Trails in Hershey through Sunday. We are planning to be in York most of Friday.

J

Cyclone Traveler

Big G & Samm,

Looks like a nice place to stay with a lot more space than we had in Keystone. The temperature was excellent this year. We’ve been there when it was over 100 the entire week. Did you guys get caught in the huge hail storm in Sturgis this year?

Nice trailer, always like to see the HD Decals.

J

jgoddardg

Cyclone Traveler, where is the Morgantown rally you mentioned? We live near Morgantown, WV and I've not heard of a big rally there. Getting ready to retire the end of the year and looking for future destinations.

Thanks.

Big G

Big G
Hail Storm

Big G & Samm,

Looks like a nice place to stay with a lot more space than we had in Keystone. The temperature was excellent this year. We’ve been there when it was over 100 the entire week. Did you guys get caught in the huge hail storm in Sturgis this year?

Nice trailer, always like to see the HD Decals.

J
J,
No we were in Hill City that night, Sturgis the next day though. We had a nice cool evening with rain. That beat the hot days down here in TX for sure. We may see up there next year.
Big G

Last edited: