Repair hole in from bed wall - Northtrail 31QBS

anthallen

I lent out my camper and it came back with a nice sized hole in the front (curved) wall of the front bedroom. I took it a couple dealers and was quoted an obscene amount to repair it. I'm looking for alternatives on either repairing it or covering it up. Attached is a photo of the damage.

IMG_20170923_151256783.jpg

Any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A sheet of thin luann cut to fit glued over the area between the cabinets might do the trick.
Lesson learned.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it were me I would look at any of the PL products. You might have to add a couple of small 1/4 rounds along the cabinets if the new panel is not cut exact.
You can also get some plastic trim edges for the sides that will be below the cabinets.
Check out your local big box building center and you will get some ideas for how the approach the repair material as well as what adhesive to use.

Peace
Dave

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would fix it by getting a thin piece of paneling, thin plywood maybe, quilting batting, and some fabric of your choice to cover it all. Make a headboard of sorts. If there are supports behind that wall you could simply use decorative screws to hold it in. Otherwise I have had good luck with 3M spray adhesive, or you may need to use some sort of construction adhesive.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
PL-400 Construction Adhesive will do the job. Test around the perimeter and center of the existing panel for framing that you could nail or staple the cover panel to for extra support to hold the glued panel until the glue sets.

I would also use 1/4 round trim to dress it up.