Red Switch in Storage Door

25sa5xS
I'm a Newbie and I just purchased a used 2011 Heartland rpg 185. I didn't get any books on it and I'm having to guess at a lot of stuff.
Will someone tell me what this small red switch is that is inside one of the outside compartments? It's located near the bathroom I believe.

Thanks!

Michael King aka michaelkingartwork

wdk450

In all other Heartland RV's, a RED 110 volt (lighting type) wall switch indicates that it is the switch for the water heater 110 volt heating element. The water heater has its own thermostat(s) to regulate the heated water temperature once a heating source is turned ON.

In all other Heartland RV's, a RED 110 volt (lighting type) wall switch indicates that it is the switch for the water heater 110 volt heating element. The water heater has its own thermostat(s) to regulate the heated water temperature once a heating source is turned ON.

I know where that one is on the inside. This is not the light switch type and it is in one of the outside storage bins. It is also just a flip lever, not a light switch type. See the photo I posted.

wdk450

It looks like you are too new on the forum to post pictures.

Any chance this has large wires coming to it, and is the battery disconnect?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It does not look like the wooden structure that the switch is on is a factory placement. Someone else added that.
You should try to contact the previous owner and ask what was added.
Or take it apart and look on the other side.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

No. I'm fairly sure it's not electrical, but perhaps some sort of cut off toggle. My image is on Flickr at: https://flic.kr/p/25sa5xS (hope it's ok to do this)

Notice the screws holding the switch are not the same as the square bit #2 screw heads elsewhere in the picture. This looks like something added by the previous owner. You may have to experiment or take things apart to figure it out.

Re: Red Switch in Storage Door (Answered!)

Finally got in touch with the previous owner. It is a battery cut off switch he put in it himself. Thanks for the help! :)

Michael King