Pre Plumbed fuel lines

EGarey

How do you know which fuel line is the supply and which one is return in a pre plumbed generator compartment? The each have a different color clamp on the ends. Dealer is no help as usual.

Is it standard when it comes generator prepped to not have a automatic transfer switch?

jimtoo

HI EGary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure some of our other owners will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

porthole

Retired
How do you know which fuel line is the supply and which one is return in a pre plumbed generator compartment? The each have a different color clamp on the ends. Dealer is no help as usual.

Is it standard when it comes generator prepped to not have a automatic transfer switch?

IF it is “gen prepped” it should have a transfer switch.

You need to be specific as to trailer year, type model etc.
Toy haulers usually have gasoline generators, the rest have propane (typically)

EGarey

IF it is “gen prepped” it should have a transfer switch.

You need to be specific as to trailer year, type model etc.
Toy haulers usually have gasoline generators, the rest have propane (typically)

Thank you it is a Torque 2018 T322, the service manager told me it did not have one but that seems crazy to me since it does have wires already run to the generator area. It is set up for gas, it has two gas lines which I assume is in case you have a fuel injected generator it would need a return line?

It is a 2018 Torque T322, it has gas lines run from the fuel station, I assume there are two in case you have a fuel injected generator you would need a return. Just not sure which one is which. It has the wires run to the gen area so I would assume it would have a transfer switch but when I asked service dept they said it does not. Seems like a good way to accidentally fry everything.

TheLazyC

I can try and find what colors mine are. I purchased the EFI model and dealer installed when I purchased the trailer.

WillyBill

One line will provide fuel when you suck on it_like trying to steal gas-that's the supply. The other line should not siphon so it's return.

WB

Hello and help,

We have a 2018 371 Torque Toyhauler, call me ignorant but we cannot get the fuel pump to turn on at the fuel station. Some say that there is a switch on the inside of the coach? Some say other things... all we want to do is to turn the blasted thing on. How come these models don't come with a SPECIFIC instruction manual for these SPECIFIC coaches? The manual we received is for a previous year and a different model! (Generalized manual) I have never had so much trouble trying to piece information together so that we can get away with our new coach. Please help solve our dilemma!

Thank you,

Nette

pjones1969

Hello and help,

We have a 2018 371 Torque Toyhauler, call me ignorant but we cannot get the fuel pump to turn on at the fuel station. Some say that there is a switch on the inside of the coach? Some say other things... all we want to do is to turn the blasted thing on. How come these models don't come with a SPECIFIC instruction manual for these SPECIFIC coaches? The manual we received is for a previous year and a different model! (Generalized manual) I have never had so much trouble trying to piece information together so that we can get away with our new coach. Please help solve our dilemma!

Thank you,

Nette

See page 79 of this attachment https://heartlandrvs.com/pdf/2017_Owners_Manual.pdf

Should have a fuel pump timer rocker switch in the control panel OR behind an access door near the fueling station to energize the fuel pump, lasts for 15 minutes to prevent overheating, have you located the fuel gauge? It should be close to it.

Attachments

• 2D3C3784-10B1-4972-960E-534CEAB036D8.jpg
    2D3C3784-10B1-4972-960E-534CEAB036D8.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 27

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would say If it is pre-wired for Gen. It should have the Start/stop switch inside the RV, Fire box in the front compartment, the small control wires in the fire box, and the Junction box near that box also. If you already have all of that I be 99% sure you already have the Transfer Switch. If you are unsure pull down the basement wall and find it before your dealer charges you for another one you don't need. If your not sure what your looking for you can contact me and I can help you out.