Brake, turn, running lights not working

Steve3717

Sundance XLT: I'm attempting to install a Furrion observation camera on my fifth wheel. I disconnected the center clearance light, added the power cable for the camera, tied everything back together, went to test the lights and none are working. Any idea of fuse locations? Fuse/breaker box inside is okay. Two inline fuses in the front compartment with the batteries are okay. Each separate trailer light fuse on the F150 seem okay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

Sundance XLT: I'm attempting to install a Furrion observation camera on my fifth wheel. I disconnected the center clearance light, added the power cable for the camera, tied everything back together, went to test the lights and none are working. Any idea of fuse locations? Fuse/breaker box inside is okay. Two inline fuses in the front compartment with the batteries are okay. Each separate trailer light fuse on the F150 seem okay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It sounds like you have popped a fuse ...get a tester and check your plug on the truck.If all is functioning ok at the truck plug then you have an issue with an in-line fuse on the trailer somewhere.Chances are it’s the truck,with these new fuses being used in the industry,they look good but are blown,,
start with the truck.

wdk450

There are no fuses in the trailer for the exterior lighting system. With all of these independent light circuits out, I am wondering if you lost the master ground to the truck in the 7 way connector. You should be able to check out the wiring interconnect from the umbilical cable to the trailer lighting system in the electrical box behind and above the trailer pinbox.

You can also make the lights light (with good wiring and a good trailer battery) WITHOUT A TOW VEHICLE. Consult the wiring diagram for the 7 pin connector, trailer end. RV 7 Pin Connector.jpg If you short the cable socket pin #4 which is connected to the RV battery to any other cable pin EXCEPT GROUND PIN #1 - DANGER SHORT CIRCUIT FROM BATTERY TO GROUND - that function should light up it's lights. I wouldn't mess with the electric brakes (Pin 2) either. Some people use this function to short pin 4 to pin 3 (Running lights) to have these lights on when parked in a space.