Does anyone have a Checklist they go through before moving the trailer?

MountainDon

Hello All, My wife and I have decided we need to make a checklist to make sure we have done EVERYTHING that needs to be done before we move the trailer ( either leaving the campsite or leaving the house )

And was wondering if anyone had one that we could use as a starting point

Thanks in advance

Don

richheck

Seasoned Member
Hello All, My wife and I have decided we need to make a checklist to make sure we have done EVERYTHING that needs to be done before we move the trailer ( either leaving the campsite or leaving the house )

And was wondering if anyone had one that we could use as a starting point

Thanks in advance

Don

I have this in my phone that I review before every departure, it starts in the front bath and works its way back (2017 LM 365 Arlington)

RV Departure Check List

Dirty cloths hamper secured?

Closet doors locked?

OTA Antenna pointed to rear?

Shower doors locked?

Bathroom door locked?

Sat Dish stowed?

Bed Deflated?

Bedroom door locked?

Step stool closet inside secured?

Wine rack moved?

Fridge bars in?

Fridge secured and locked?

Ice maker off?

Water heater & water pump off?

Inverter turned on for fridge?

Main TV locked?

All windows closed and locked?

Dining chaired strapped?

Cutting board secured?

Microwave platter stored?

Kitchen rug stowed?

Pantry drawers tight?

All drawers & cupboards closed tight?

Awnings fully retracted?

Inverter working?

Storage tray locked?

Storage doors locked?

Radios packed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

B

Boatman

Here's one we made up for our 5er. Start with a list and change as needed. We don't move until our list is completed--if we remember to do it!

Checklist

1. TV Antenna down
  2. TV’s strapped down
  3. Coffee pots secured
  4. Counters cleared
  5. Microwave door
  6. Refrigerator doors locked
  7. Refrig to battery power lights
  8. Rockers strapped & secured
  9. Closet, Shower, W/D, ½ bath,
    closet & bedroom doors locked
  10. All electrical switches off
  11. Power cord, Cable and box in
  12. Water & sewer lines
  13. Stabilization legs up
  14. Slides in
  15. Door locked, Steps up &
    Handrail in
  16. Camera on
  17. Wifi ant / coax
  18. Air Cond & Furnace off
  19. Home phone secured

ram22

I use the manufacturer's checklist in the Owner's Manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don,

We also use a list on our phones. It is basically the prepacking for clothes, food, etc. and reminders on tire pressures, and tow vehicle checks.

When leaving the campground we do more of a ready for travel check. My wife does the inside items and I do the outside and hookup.

1. TV Antenna down
  2. TV’s strapped down
  3. Dining table & chairs strapped down as we have it unscrewed from the floor.
  4. Counters cleared
  5. Rockers strapped & secured
  6. Closet & Shower doors latched
  7. Water pump and water heater off.
  8. Water & sewer lines stored
  9. Hitch jaws closed, locked & breakaway cable connected
  10. Slides in
  11. Door locked, Steps up
  12. Air Cond & Furnace off

NYSUPstater

Ya all forgot 2 VIP items.

Wife and kids! LOL

Very good list of items mentioned. We kind of have a "pink job, blue job" mentality on things. Wife does the "pink job"---those things on inside of coach. I do the "blue job" things on outside. However, I also keep in mind certain items like antenna (old crank up style), fridge off.

With new coach and slide in slide, have a couple more steps to follow. So I made a list up and taped it by slide switches.

Our son is pretty good as well w/ helping mama out inside and he operates the controls to help me get hooked up and the level up. So he's earned the title of "COCO--short for Chief Operating Control Officer". Man I'm gonna be lost when he's not w/ us. Both he and I like to operate the level up on manual to retract the jacks. Mama likes to use the auto retract/hook up.

BobEckert

WDK450 - thanks for posting your checklists! New to RVing and anytime we can pick up some tips, it's been helpful. Joining this forum has helped tremendously!

kowAlski631

Get into a routine. Be methodical. Martha does the interior, retracting the slides and retracting the legs. I do the septic (aka stinky slinky), fresh water system, electric and satellite system. Martha walks around the trailer exterior after we're hooked up, checking for anything not stowed, slide position, and lights. Keeping a routine makes it easier for us.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No written one, just a mental checklist and a couple of walk arounds to look, touch and check every thing is ready and secure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alsams

There is an app called the RV Checklist which someone on this forum turned me on to. It has a bunch of checklists already and the option to edit those checklists or create new ones. As you click each item in the list, a check appears which is helpful when you (at least I) get distracted. I don't remember how much I paid for it but it recommend it.

wdk450

There is an app called the RV Checklist which someone on this forum turned me on to. It has a bunch of checklists already and the option to edit those checklists or create new ones. As you click each item in the list, a check appears which is helpful when you (at least I) get distracted. I don't remember how much I paid for it but it recommend it.

You know that these checklist apps on smart devices is what the airline industry has gone to after crashes caused by crews going through printed pre-flight checklists and being interrupted by control tower radio or other things, then resuming the checklists not realizing that they had skipped an important step. I am not sure that in this stage of my life I would trust my RV pre-departure checklist to memory, especially when RVing neighbors tend to come up and talk to you as you are working.

porthole

Retired
For Apple mobile devices I have been using List! by Secret Society Software for years now.

Fairly simple to set up. You can import a 'text' list made up on a computer.

You can set priorities by date, type etc

Once set up up as you check the box (tap) the item moves to the bottom of the list.
Really important items I have duplicated with different priorities, like making sure the SAT antenna is stowed or the shower doors are secured.

I use a separate list for leaving home, braking camp, special events like our annual Dog Camp trips which require a boat load of different things to remember to bring.

There is a free 'Lite' version to try. I use the paid version. One of my top most frequently used apps.

IMG_08F031F6791B-1.jpg