Generator power for Apollo 1/2 time oven

Bobbert

I am considering a Honda eu2000i, hoping that it will power the Apollo 1/2 time oven. Does anyone one know if this will work. Thanks, BobNone

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
The microwave uses 1000 watts and the generator is rated at 2000 watts. Usually you want at least 1 1/2 times the power to start which is only 1500 watts. So as long as you don't have much of anything else on at the time it should work just fine. I can not guarantee this but by the specs online it should be ok.

Chuck Richard

Hello Bob,
I'm not 100% sure because I did not go open up the trailer to check but I suspect the 1000 watt is the output rating and not the input. I have an '09 3055 with the Apollo half time and it has a 20 amp plug not a 15 amp. I would check the manual if you got one, I didn't at first but Heartland sent me one when I asked. Input is always higher than the output and with a 20 amp plug and the heating elements I suspect the power draw is closer to 2000 watts. This would be very tight for the your generator and could damage the oven. I would not run it without checking the input rating for the oven. I'll be doing some work on the trailer today and if I find the specs will update later. I traded up to the EU3000 and it does run the oven, I would suggest this or getting a second EU2000 and joining for a 4000 watt power source.

Chuck Richard

Bob,

I just looked at the manual on the Apollo 1/2 time oven and it states it uses 16-17 amps. So multipying by the voltage (V x A= W) it uses 1920 - 2040 watts. I looked at the specs for the generator from the Honda site and the run rate is 1600W 13.3 amp and peak 2000W. I think you would probably damage the oven using this gen but I'm not an expert.

<TABLE id=ctl00_ctl00_rootBodyContent_bodyContent_ucModelDetail_Tabs_tabSpecs_gvwSpecs style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" align=left><TH scope=col>EU2000i</TH><TH scope=col>Specifications</TH></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaeaea"><TD>Engine </TD><TD>Honda GX100 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...il$Tabs$tabSpecs$gvwSpecs$ctl02$lbtnSpec','')</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white"><TD>Displacement </TD><TD>98.5cc javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...il$Tabs$tabSpecs$gvwSpecs$ctl03$lbtnSpec','')</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eaeaea"><TD>AC Output </TD><TD>120V 2000W max. (16.7A) 1600W rated (13.3A) javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...il$Tabs$tabSpecs$gvwSpecs$ctl04$lbtnSpec','')</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white"><TD>Receptacles </TD><TD>20A 125V Duplex </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>