entertainment system

jnutt

The entertainment system ( stereo / DVD player ) leaves something to be desired. I have written to ASA electronics and asked about a blu ray player and was told they have nothing.
So I think a entertainment system with blu ray would be a great thing to improve on.

jim
2018 bighorn 3160el

WBG

WBGavin
The entertainment system ( stereo / DVD player ) leaves something to be desired. I have written to ASA electronics and asked about a blu ray player and was told they have nothing.
So I think a entertainment system with blu ray would be a great thing to improve on.

jim
2018 bighorn 3160el

If you are at all particular about you entertainment system, buy your own components. Any "standard issue" system is always going to be severely compromised. Compared to the cost of the rig, you can get a very capable component system for a few hundred dollars. Then you can sit back and really enjoy all that it has to offer. Just my 2 cents worth.

_OZ_

Nope. I don't want to guy buy separate components and then have to figure out where to mount them, give up space to mount them, or modify anything to mount them.
It should not be a big deal to have a DVD/Bluetooth player already install or be an option to install.

nscaler2

Nope. I don't want to guy buy separate components and then have to figure out where to mount them, give up space to mount them, or modify anything to mount them.
It should not be a big deal to have a DVD/Bluetooth player already install or be an option to install.

I agree with you completely. For what these units cost, they shouldn't come with 20 year old technology. At the very least the manufacture should provide enough space for aftermarket electronics to be installed, instead of the glorified automobile electronics provided with no place to put something that is modern and good.

CoveredWagon

If you are at all particular about you entertainment system, buy your own components. Any "standard issue" system is always going to be severely compromised. Compared to the cost of the rig, you can get a very capable component system for a few hundred dollars. Then you can sit back and really enjoy all that it has to offer. Just my 2 cents worth.

Agree 100 %. Builders can’t satisfy everyone. Take it or leave it. Oh and BTW you can have a custom Rv built with anything you want.

Oldelevatorman

You think for a 2017 they could give you a Smart TV and some outside speakers at the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nscaler2

What campgrounds do you visit that support smart TVs and video streaming?

With my phone I can screen cast my phone to a smart TV and use my own semi unlimited data. Don't need to use the park. Again, I will say it. For the money these manufacturers are getting, they could include something better than a no name dumb tv and a cheap 12v auto dvd player that has a lousy tuner that can't get a station more than 20 miles away.

Oldelevatorman

I'd like be able to get YouTube, music stuff, TED talks etc., on the big screen instead of on the iPad or iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

We have the factory Jensen stereo with a XMradio attached, Sony blu ray player, a Roku, and Directv Genie attached the cheap(slow) TV in the living room. The bedroom has Directv HDDVR and another Roku and Directv whole home connection in LR TV. Covers most of the bases. Outside speakers are terrible. So we have a boom box with XMRadio receiver attached.

Chris

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Although, you are all correct about the entertainment system they install in all rigs being on the lower end of the spectrum, for us, we made a slight adjustment. Our rig came with no tv but went to Walmart and picked up a nice one for not so much cash. We enjoy internet tv and with that bought Apple TV in conjunction with our smart phones with unlimited data plans. Now, I will also tell you that it works a majority of the time and has its limitations but we are happy. I had my dealer replace my outdoor speakers but they still sound bad so I will upgrade at a later date.