Screws loose

seabee

:eek:I am having screws coming up in the kitchen of my 3670RL,the heads are coming though the flooring,so that needs replaced,the sad part is we are five months out of warranty,go figure,I will be fixing this myself but if you have bumps in you flooring and still have warranty better get it to the dealer.:mad:

More then the just the kitchen floor the rest of the floors are lose,but I'm going to replace the carpet and at that time I will screw the floor putting glue on the top part of the shaft maybe that will hold them in.

There has to be a better way to these install these floors and roofs to the Aluminum on these trailers,maybe glue the wood like we do in a stick house,sure keeps the squeaks down to a minimum.

I hope Heartland takes note of this problem and takes action to help eliminate it.

Last edited:

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We've had one work its way up on the roof and dealer repaiered but it came up again so I just remove the thing and gooped up the roof again. Looks like others may do the same, is this a problem with trying to screw into aluminum frames? I'm pretty sure our 07 has aluminum in the roof. Doug

SmokeyBare

SeaBee,

I had the same issue with ours... thankfully in warranty.

The repair was to slice the flooring very close to the cabinet base... peal back the flooring material and replace the screw with a larger one with added adhesive to prevent the screw from working back out. They then used a small piece of quarter round trim to cover the cuts made on the flooring. I've no doubt they used a little adhesive below the cut edges as well.

Worked very well in my case. Hope this helps with a possible repair for yours as well. Keep in mind the flooring is not totally glued down... but under the edges only... so it rolled back very easy once it was cut.

Marv