RW 400 Fresh Water Tank Size

6.7LMegaCab

I posted a while back about the water leak I was having and found it to be the rearward or second fresh water tank up front.

I called Heartland yesterday and the gal in the parts department emailed me the part number and price for my trailer. I asked if she could confirm size as I thought the price quoted was way too low. She said she doesn't have a size available. Can anyone confirm what size the tank is for the below part info?

Copied directly from email:

Pn 93540 Tank - Freshwater - 2 FWL-20064

$127.92

I just want to ensure I'm getting the correct part.

Thank you!

Josh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6.7LMegaCab

Bringing this back up. Anyone have any idea about the new tank size from Heartland? Also, thoughts on just replacing the one tank or should I replace both tanks while I have the coroplast down?

Taking it hunting in October so I need to start getting it ready.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Bringing this back up. Anyone have any idea about the new tank size from Heartland? Also, thoughts on just replacing the one tank or should I replace both tanks while I have the coroplast down?

Taking it hunting in October so I need to start getting it ready.

Are your tanks broken? My guess is that replacement tanks that fits the space and mounting in your unit will be the same as the current ones. A quick call to Heartland tomorrow morning should yield you the correct answer. Give them a call at 877-262-8032.

danemayer

I'd guess your total fresh water capacity (2 tanks) is probably around 100 gallons - so maybe 50ish gallons per tank. A 50 gallon tank is not terribly expensive. As a point of comparison, here's a 46 gallon tank on Amazon.

The form factor is probably more important. Maybe Heartland has the dimensions on the tank. Or if you can measure, you can probably shop tanks locally or on the internet.

6.7LMegaCab

Are your tanks broken? My guess is that replacement tanks that fits the space and mounting in your unit will be the same as the current ones. A quick call to Heartland tomorrow morning should yield you the correct answer. Give them a call at 877-262-8032.
I definitely have to replace one as it cracked and weakened the plywood support causing it to bow on the bottom. The first tank seems just fine. I'll be replacing both plywood supports with something more structurally stable. Heartland is who I called to get the info. The lady I spoke to emailed the quote with part number from the original post. When I emailed back she said dimensions or tank size aren't available.
I'd guess your total fresh water capacity (2 tanks) is probably around 100 gallons - so maybe 50ish gallons per tank. A 50 gallon tank is not terribly expensive. As a point of comparison, here's a 46 gallon tank on Amazon.

The form factor is probably more important. Maybe Heartland has the dimensions on the tank. Or if you can measure, you can probably shop tanks locally or on the internet.
Thanks for the link. Just seemed a little inexpensive. I don't recall if these tanks are 50 or 75 gallons each. Heartland was of no help in telling me the size of tank they quoted me.