Brake lights on brand new pioneer

Hi all. I am a Brand New Heartland Owner, and a Pretty New Camper. Prior to purchasing my New Pioneer 250BH, I owned a much smaller R Pod. It was cute... This is AMAZING!!
Before leaving the Dealership 3 days ago, though, we realized that there was a Brake Light issue. Although Both Turn Signals Work, only the Right Brake Light Works?? The technicians spent almost an hours testing wires, and pulling / replacing fuses on my truck, before realizing that the Previous Dealership had incorrectly wired the Trailer Brakes from my Truck to the RPod, and I just didn't realize it. (I didn't keep it but 4 months... and only camped in it 2x.)
The techs said that the wires on my Truck Power Plug (8-pin, I think) were just "twisted together and would need to be individually tested and redone! UGH! IS IT THAT, OR IT THERE SOMETHING ELSE I SHOULD CHECK BEFORE I PUT OUT TRAVELING MONEY?
Where do you recommend I have something like that done? Could someone that installs stereo equipment do something like that? Is it difficult... or just time consuming?

I hope this is still an active board. I don't see a lot of recent posts...

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Grandma_Gotta_Go,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure some of our members will jump in soon with some good info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

Hi Grandma,

I've attached a diagram that shows what goes where. I would think a car/truck dealer could straighten it out pretty quickly. Stereo installer? Maybe. But maybe not.

Attachments

• 7-way.jpg
    7-way.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks to all of you! I am wracking my brain right now trying to get ready for Thursday- The Beginning of Our MONTH of Vacation!! I have been looking a Numbers til my eyes hurt (ie GVWR, Axle Ratios, and all things towing... and remembering how poorly I did in Algebra.) All of this looks like Algebra to me, but the guys at one of the 2 reputable Camping World stores in my state, carefully did the research, and put the appropriate Hitch System on.
I plan to go to a trusted Garage here tomorrow, and have the fellas there "get me right" with Tires, a Quick Tune Up, and hopefully an easy fix of those Brake Lights.
I'll definitely look into getting a Voltmeter, too. I appreciate the link to Ebay. I was just looking on Amazon for essentials, too. Any other things you can think of that are necessities, please let me know. But, I am sure I will be in touch from "The Road"!!

wdk450

Thanks to all of you! I am wracking my brain right now trying to get ready for Thursday- The Beginning of Our MONTH of Vacation!! I have been looking a Numbers til my eyes hurt (ie GVWR, Axle Ratios, and all things towing... and remembering how poorly I did in Algebra.) All of this looks like Algebra to me, but the guys at one of the 2 reputable Camping World stores in my state, carefully did the research, and put the appropriate Hitch System on.
I plan to go to a trusted Garage here tomorrow, and have the fellas there "get me right" with Tires, a Quick Tune Up, and hopefully an easy fix of those Brake Lights.
I'll definitely look into getting a Voltmeter, too. I appreciate the link to Ebay. I was just looking on Amazon for essentials, too. Any other things you can think of that are necessities, please let me know. But, I am sure I will be in touch from "The Road"!!

Grandma:
If you are leaving on Thursday, and can't wait for E-Bay shipping, I have seen those 7 way testers at Auto Zone or O'reilly's auto parts stores.

Grandma:
If you are leaving on Thursday, and can't wait for E-Bay shipping, I have seen those 7 way testers at Auto Zone or O'reilly's auto parts stores.

Thank you! Maybe they will even test it for me! I'm going in a little bit to get my tires, and have my truck "checked out". I hope to have everything all squared away when I get back. I'll keep you posted!

Any concerns about my pulling a 2018 Heartland Pioneer 250BH (UNLOADED WT 5096) with my 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500, with less than 90k miles on it? (Manufacturer GVWR 6100; 3150 FNT AXLE; 3750 REAR AXLE)?
I Have 17" Rims/Tires on it, instead of the Stock 16".
I have an 8000 LB Weight Distribution/Sway Hitch installed, as well.