What am I going to like & dislike about the 300C

SNOWJW

My wife and I have been looking at Toyhauler bumper pull & 5th wheels for months now & we stumbled upon a 300C called to put money down on it & it had sold. We love the floor plan but have never actually seen one in person but having walked through so many layouts we think it's the perfect fit for us with our shortbox F350.

What we like

1. The cab over design allows for a good floor plan but also not to long of a 5th wheel as we camp it some tight spots. I would say this seems to be the #1 thing we like about it.
2. Counter space in the bathroom
3. Love the look (not like everyone else)
4. Heartland seems well built

What worries me

1. Will the top of my F350 hit the unit if I go up hill say into a capsite
2. Why don't you see very many of these??
3. I know it's got a fair amount of pin weight I'm not to worried about this as I have airbags & pull 106,000 lb gross weight semi for a living.

So please tell me what you like & dislike about yours.

THANKS!!!

danemayer

Hi SNOWJW,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback from 300C owners before too long.

Appleguy

Thanks the forums are full of info been reading them for a few days now.
I’ve got a 2014 Road Warrior 30C which is same basic unit as 300C. I pull ours with a 2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab. The front cap has never come close to hitting cab roof and on the Megacab the front cap overhangs the cab by 2 feet or more. The unique front cap is named the titanium from a brand Heartland purchased several years ago. We really like it. The garage floor is not insulated just 1” plywood. I pulled the 2 fuel tanks and screwed 3” foam into plywood. Also pulled down correplast and insulated all water lines and placed 1” foam sheets across frame rails for additional floor insulation. Have had unit in 16* weather with no issues. I have 4-6volt batteries and 640 watts of solar plus a 1800 watt inverter. Make sure rear door latching system is not wearing grooves in aluminum door trim. Ours was, so put plastic hose on clamp rods and that cured problem plus made for a tighter rear door seal. Next mod is to pull bed headboard and spray inside of front cap with spray foam. Only thing between you and the great outdoors in this area is 1/8” of luan and 1/8” of fiberglass.