Camera monitor question

ML64

We are purchasing a heartland fuel 322 fifthwheel toy hauler. It is supposed to be wired for a backup camera. My tow rig is a 2017 F-350 crew shortbed. My question is, can I get a camera that will work with the monitor that the truck came with, or do I need to get a separate one for the backup camera? Any and all help is appreciated. I am NOT a tech guy.

Oregon_Camper

Anything can be done, but if you're not a tech guy...integrating into your existing display in your truck might be difficult. Not impossible, but might cost you a bundle. I had the same hope with our 2016 F-350...but in the end bailed on the whole idea, I went with the Furrion Observation camera. You can see WAY back while driving and it makes lanes changes so much easier. The non “Observation” model only works while vehicle is in reverse, so I went with “Observation” model, so I can use it while driving and backing into a campground site. I just put the display in the lower left of the trucks windshield...which isn't in my normal field of view. I've heard of others mounting it to their rear view mirror, as you can't use the rear view mirror while towing.

Link to Furrion Camera on Amazon.
http://amzn.to/2nL2Yuk

Last edited:

ML64

Anything can be done, but if you're not a tech guy...integrating into your existing display in your truck might be difficult. Not impossible, but might cost you a bundle. I had the same hope with our 2016 F-350...but in the end bailed on the whole idea, I went with the Furrion Observation camera. You can see WAY back while driving and it makes lanes changes so much easier. The non “Observation” model only works while vehicle is in reverse, so I went with “Observation” model, so I can use it while driving and backing into a campground site. I just put the display in the lower left of the trucks windshield...which isn't in my normal field of view. I've heard of others mounting it to their rear view mirror, as you can't use the rear view mirror while towing.

Link to Furrion Camera on Amazon.
http://amzn.to/2nL2Yuk

Thats brilliant! I never thought about using the camera to help with lane changes. Very smart-Thanks! When I can afford it I'm going to go with your camera recommendation. Where do you have the camera mounted on your trailer? Also, nice tow rig!