Dehumidifiers

RVFun4Us

We live on the east side of the Cascades in Oregon where the air is dry most of the time. However, on our trips to the west side where the humidity level is high, we often had condensation problems in our last rig. We realize that our last rig was not built as well as the Heartlands but still anticipate some condensation issues. We don't want to go to double pane windows so are looking at dehumidifiers. Would appreciate any feedback from other Heartland owners on what types and brands of duhumidiers you are using and if they are doing the job for you. It seems the 25 pint capacity would be fine for our rig. The Whirlpool is rated high by Consumer Reports and is supposedly pretty quiet. Any comments on your experiences?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have a Fridgidare from Home D @ $129.00. It's not as quiet as i would like but it keeps us dry in the humidity of Padre Island during the winter. A worthwhile investment I would say. We kept the bottom section of the box with the styrofoam to store it for transport. Keeps it from rolling around and falling over.

cjbearden

Visitor
We have the same dehumidifier as Ray's and it works great. We weren't smart enough to keep the bottom of the box to use for transport!:rolleyes: We usually only run ours at night. I like the noise - makes for great sleeping!

Rickhansen

We have a Sunpentown SD-46T. Like others, the noise isn't bad, but can be annoying. I liked this model because it has charcoal filtration and a UV light to kill mold and mildew spores. It has worked pretty well here in Florida, running mostly at night along with the A/C.

sgtbigb

We have one, Boy its great here in South Texas! we have a 30 pinter which is good for my 2499RE. I highly recommend a Dehumidifer.

boatdoc

We use the Soleus Brand. They are by far the quietest we have heard. We have two, one in our home and one in the 5er and both work well. Bought them on ebay with no problem at all. My brother bought SOB and when he heard ours he took it back and bought a Soleus.