DETERMINED: Pioneer RL250 - three drains with valves

SCPOSWRET

On passenger side, rear end, I see two blue (cold i suppose) and one red (hot i suppose) vertical drain tubes with turn type valves that look just like the valves at the bottom of the water feed to a household toilet tank. Obviously they are for draining something, however, I can’t find anywhere, including in the Owners Manual thumb drive provided with the trailer, a schematic that shows just which down-tubes drain which tanks and for what purposes and / or periodicity? Any / All tips much appreciated.

jbeletti

Re: New Owner of Pioneer RL250 - three drains with valves

Someone with a Pioneer will have to weigh on on this to be certain. But until then, my sense is:

1 Red and 1 Blue are low-point drains to drain the water from the plumbing system

1 Blue is the fresh water tank drain

jerryjay11

I always open all 3 when draining the water from the camper so I can sanitize all the plumbing. I think the red is the HWH and blues the cold water lines and fresh water tank. Never thought about it before, but now you got me thinking so I will fire up the HWH tomorrow then check if I am correct. I'll tell you the one that takes the longest is the fresh water tank.

SCPOSWRET

Someone with a Pioneer will have to weigh on on this to be certain. But until then, my sense is:

1 Red and 1 Blue are low-point drains to drain the water from the plumbing system

Thank you Jim.

- - - Updated - - -

I always open all 3 when draining the water from the camper so I can sanitize all the plumbing. I think the red is the HWH and blues the cold water lines and fresh water tank. Never thought about it before, but now you got me thinking so I will fire up the HWH tomorrow then check if I am correct. I'll tell you the one that takes the longest is the fresh water tank.

Thank you Jerry, where is the HWH switch?

jerryjay11

You have two HWH switches in the bathroom tank monitor panel. One for LP and one for electric HW. Plus the CB is located in the CB panel by the rear entyr door. It's the bottom CB.

P.S. I just checked and yes the red is the HWH.

SCPOSWRET

Much thanks Jim, problem solved. Happy Camping.

SCPOSWRET

Much thanks Jim, problem solved. Happy Camping.

Jim, appears that I've already asked this question and answered somewhat but, still not sure how
to identify which 1 blue is the fresh water tank drain and which 1 blue is the low point drain from
the plumbing system. can you clarify? I've also asked Jerry this same question. much thanks!

oops, appears that the one that is the longest is the fresh water tank, can you clarify that also?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
One way to determine which is which is to depressurize your water system. then check which keeps draining.

You should have a fresh water tank that is not low or empty.
Turn off water pump and/or disconnect city water hose.
open the faucet to the kitchen sink for both hot and cold.
Then once the pressure is gone (water stops draining from the faucet) Turn off the water.

open all three external valves. The one blue line that stops draining about the same time the red line first will be your water supply line. The other blue line will be
your fresh tank drain. Don't forget to close the valve unless you want an empty water tank.

An alternate method is with city water hooked up. Open, Then close each valve on the blue lines. You don't have to keep them open. The one with higher pressure will be your supply line, the other will be your fresh tank drain.

SCPOSWRET

One way to determine which is which is to depressurize your water system. then check which keeps draining.

You should have a fresh water tank that is not low or empty.
Turn off water pump and/or disconnect city water hose.
open the faucet to the kitchen sink for both hot and cold.
Then once the pressure is gone (water stops draining from the faucet) Turn off the water.

open all three external valves. The one blue line that stops draining about the same time the red line first will be your water supply line. The other blue line will be
your fresh tank drain. Don't forget to close the valve unless you want an empty water tank.

An alternate method is with city water hooked up. Open, Then close each valve on the blue lines. You don't have to keep them open. The one with higher pressure will be your supply line, the other will be your fresh tank drain.

very helpful, thank you!