Dually tire valve placement

NYSUPstater

Are the tire valves on duallies supposed to be directly opposite each in same rim hole or 180* opposite? On semis, they are 180* opposite but our dually has them in same rim hole.

Bones

Are the tire valves on duallies supposed to be directly opposite each in same rim hole or 180* opposite? On semis, they are 180* opposite but our dually has them in same rim hole.
You can have the valve stems in any spot you want for ease, as long as you can get to them. Semis sometime have the stems opposite because like mine I use air equalizers like cat eyes, Crossfires to keep the tires balanced and when you do that the stems need to be located opposite one another

1104161711.jpg

porthole

Retired

Shops have always put my stems on at the same location. But I can not get my hand through the slot with the valve stem in the way. So I keep mine opposite each other. Because of the number of slots in the wheels they are not exactly 180 out. They are about 170 and only in one direction.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Opposite here too, just so much easier to service and logically [;aced for balance.

B

BouseBill

opposite here also. I have my tires serviced by a truck tire shop, not an Auto tire shop.

Sniper

From the 2017 Ford Super Duty owners manual pg 389:

GEDC2117.jpg

However I always had them as close to 180 deg out (can't get them exactly 180 deg.) on our 01 F350 with no issues and a lot easier to air up. :)

PondSkum

Mine are right next to each other on my '18 Ram 3500. The inside one has an extension type piece on it will a ball check that allows me to reach it easily with the tire chuck.

FMC

I like mine across from each other. That way I can service both tires at the same time on my Ram 3500.:cool: