Ike later

Jimmyt5

Went to Ohio to escape the local weather.
We were siting in a local campground in Amish country and the wind came up, the slides started to jump around, wife saying lets get out of here. We were getting up to 78 mph winds left over from Ike. Lucky I had the rear to the wind, pulled in the slides and it was better. As it turned out we lost power for three days and some people were told maybe a long as 7 days.:(

Big G

Big G
Ike

Jimmie, it sounds like Ike didn't loose much punch from the time we felt his rath last Friday night through Saturday here in TX. We had power restored on Friday evening, we've been cleaning up all week. Have a safe trip home, Big G
Here's a good sight to view some pics;

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top>http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

truknutt

Committed Member
Big G,

Appreciate the link to Boston.com with those incredible photos!

I pray for all those affected by these massive storms and am thankful (albeit sounding somewhat selfish) that we haven't had to deal with such a catastrophe. I can deal with snow & ice, but the wind and subsequent flooding is where I, personally, would have to draw the line.

Thanks again.

Jimmyt5

Big G
My little mess was nothing compared to you all.
I know that we here in Tidewater are going to get it bad one day.
Bless you and stay safe...

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Jim,
We drove through there where you were and saw your camper but it didn't look like anyone was around. We were glad to get up there Thursday and have some power and water. As of today, Monday, it has been 1 week and 1 day without power and water at the house:(. They say maybe Wednesday before we will be restored. Luckily our local campground now has power so we will be staying there.

Great weather this past weekend in Ohio Amish Country. Did you get to the Winesburg Festival and auction on Saturday? Great big kettle of soup beans made my day. :D A couple of trips to the Amish Door for dinner and a couple of mornings at Boyd & Wurthemans for breakfast. Seems that all we do is eat when we are up there but boy is it good!!

Later,
Mark

Jimmyt5

Mark we had moved from Scenic Hills and went to Baylor Beach. Saw your rig from the highway Rt 62, maybe 3 or 4th one on the left.
If you saw the BH on top of hill that belonged to someone else. Talked to them about the forum, might see them on here someday .Gained 3 lbs on the trip. Sorry missed you.