Washer Dryer usage during winter

I am taking delivery of my new 3900 FLS Big Country tomorrow. We plan on living in the unit year round, as we have done for the last 2 years in a JACO 5th Wheeler.
The new unit has a washer dryer installed, but it is in the slideout next to the fridge. What are the possibilities of the water lines freezing during winter (going to the washer)?
I know from experience that i will have to skirt the unit.
Anyone out there with experience advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

Read another thread on here some time ago, about this layout. Before I was to use the washer, I would inspect the water connections under the bed of your unit. Thats is where water the lines run, and the other person had them leak and flooded the bedroom. Being those water runs are right there in that slide, they are going to be exposed to some cold air readily.

danemayer

If the water lines go under the slide, they'll be exposed to outside air temperature and will freeze pretty quickly when temps go below 32 (F).

Does the washer itself hold some water when not in use? I believe the standard household ones do.
I was wondering about this as well. I often use mine in winter, but drain water, was wondering how that would work with washer?

danemayer

Does the washer itself hold some water when not in use? I believe the standard household ones do.
I was wondering about this as well. I often use mine in winter, but drain water, was wondering how that would work with washer?

The stacked Splendide washer holds some water on the inlet side, and probably a little at the outlet pump and in the drain hose. Most definitely there is water in the hoses from faucets to washer, and there is water in the Pex lines going to the washer.

If you are keeping the interior of the trailer at a comfortable living temperature, it won't be a problem.

Before storing the rig, the washer and lines need to be winterized. See our owner-written Winterization Guide.

The stacked Splendide washer holds some water on the inlet side, and probably a little at the outlet pump and in the drain hose. Most definitely there is water in the hoses from faucets to washer, and there is water in the Pex lines going to the washer.

If you are keeping the interior of the trailer at a comfortable living temperature, it won't be a problem.

Before storing the rig, the washer and lines need to be winterized. See our owner-written Winterization Guide.

Makes sense, usually keep at 50 degrees in winter. Thanks for reply!