6V batteries

orion7144

Since I have installed 4 x 6V batteries in series-parallel do I still use the 12V chart for determining status of the bank?

carl.swoyer

Since I have installed 4 x 6V batteries in series-parallel do I still use the 12V chart for determining status of the bank?
Yes, your batteries are wire to be a 12 volt system. And keep the water level in the batteries full and use distilled water to top them off. If the level is allowed to get low for an extended period of time you can ruin the batteries.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

orion7144

I was just curious if the 12v chart was applicable with the series parallel setup. Also I take it since my batteries are 235ah that I have 470ah available. Here is a picture of the monitor I installed. Shows 12.7v
6f778b268f54785f831a53d381483c51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danemayer

Don't know what chart you're referring to. But when you wire two 6-volt batteries in series, its just like having a large 12-volt battery. And a pair of those in parallel is like having an even larger 12-volt battery.

danemayer

This is the chart I was referring to.
Two notes for your consideration.

1. The wires and wire path from each pair of batteries is important. Positive at the first pair and negative and the other pair.

2. When plugged into shore power, the output of the Power Converter is what you're reading unless you do something that's out of the ordinary. That means you'll get readings of 13.2-13.6V regardless of actual battery charge.

szewczyk_john

The more important question is how are you charging these new batteries and how do you plan on using them? I hope that you are not relying on the stock converter to recharge these.

orion7144

The more important question is how are you charging these new batteries and how do you plan on using them? I hope that you are not relying on the stock converter to recharge these.

It is the Progressive Dynamics PD9280A. Is that an issue? The dealer is who installed the batteries.

orion7144

Two notes for your consideration.

1. The wires and wire path from each pair of batteries is important. Positive at the first pair and negative and the other pair.

2. When plugged into shore power, the output of the Power Converter is what you're reading unless you do something that's out of the ordinary. That means you'll get readings of 13.2-13.6V regardless of actual battery charge.

All of the positive outputs are coming from 1 set. The negatives are tied together and go to the inverter and another to the chassis.