where to install your water filtration

RawFaith

Have a water softener and a “stick” carbon filter set up now and we are quite happy about it.

As summer is when we start our traveling season I foresee some frustration getting the softener and filter in and out very often

So I was thinking if any of you have a softener on board and hard plumbed?

I’m also thinking on adding 2 filters, 1 prior and 1 after the softener and later on a reverse osmosis for drinking water.

Will appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Take a look at the bottom of this page and you will find "similar threads". There are several listed that cover this topic and some in detail that should be helpful to you.

RawFaith

fc4aaae91cd9f29f48e9ed527b63690b.jpg

50769784e1178ae00e4a511ec1414a97.jpg

94b265f7856e7c18eb2c3f413f77c283.jpg

here is our current set up

RawFaith

Take a look at the bottom of this page and you will find "similar threads". There are several listed that cover this topic and some in detail that should be helpful to you.

thanks lynn!

as a matter of fact, i had been looking at different set ups for a while. Found multiple double filters plus drinking water systems, but haven’t seen one with the softener installed like in the basement area.

If I had found one my question will be about the back flush and recharge that has to be done to the softeners?

richheck

Seasoned Member
thanks lynn!

as a matter of fact, i had been looking at different set ups for a while. Found multiple double filters plus drinking water systems, but haven’t seen one with the softener installed like in the basement area.

If I had found one my question will be about the back flush and recharge that has to be done to the softeners?

Saw some pictures of a system I saved awhile back, will try to locate the article but here some pictures including a photo of the valves.

Found link:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ftener-Install?p=570761&highlight=#post570761

df02617ba2a92f0698a2f11cdcc119d8.jpg
a7eb1e58f21cd7d979eb15a08721c1cf.jpg
d62dac74ff8fbd25823c8569b8b40775.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lynn1130

I keep the softener outside and below the UDC so that I can recharge without having to dink around with removing from the inside of the basement and then refit. The other issue that I worry about, having water features inside the basement is a leak, burst that floods the inside. On this last trip we had freezing temps for a couple of nights that caused me to put heat tape on the water hose. I wrapped the softener in common wall/ceiling insulation to keep it from freezing up. I have the in-line filter before the softener but I have found that some parks have such low water pressure that the filter and softener make that worse even though the manufacturers tell you it won't.

oldelmer1

I have my 3 filters outside, had 2 outside, and 1 inside until I changed the filter inside and went camping. A friend came over and said WHY IS WATER LEAKING OUT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR CAMPER.

I evidently pinched the O ring when I put the housing back on, and it leaked for hours before I saw it(he saw it).

I have 3 sections of 6" fence post screwed together, with spacers, for the filter housings to sit in.

No more filters inside for me......

SCPOSWRET

A tad off “where”, however; regarding the Camco Blue 11” inline filter that seems to be pretty popular: it states that it is good up to 6 months. Naturally, that depends on a host of factors, so, what method do you recommend be used to determine that it is truly ready to be replaced, regardless of how long it’s been in use? All tips appreciated!

Lynn1130

bacteria growth in one that has been kept longer than it need be. Replace it as you feel is safe. They are too cheap to trust to chance.