E2 Hitch Question of the week

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
The question of the week is this, I have an E2 hitch on a 1500 Sierra and pulling a 30’ Northtrail and I am experiencing trailer sway. Would it be wise to add another sway control bar to assist the E2 hitch to better control the sway of my trailer. Also, one other thing, would it damage my E2 setup by adding the sway bar, please help.

Thanks
Michael Nilson

ram22

I don’t know what an E2 hitch is, but maybe start by changing the trailer leveling. Raise or lower the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
An E2 is made by Equalizer, and I understand what you are saying about raising or lowering the ball but then it makes me wonder how much the bars on the hitch will take. I am trying to explain the situation but perhaps it is not that clear, thank you for the idea and I will look into that as an option.

I don’t know what an E2 hitch is, but maybe start by changing the trailer leveling. Raise or lower the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram22

An E2 is made by Equalizer, and I understand what you are saying about raising or lowering the ball but then it makes me wonder how much the bars on the hitch will take. I am trying to explain the situation but perhaps it is not that clear, thank you for the idea and I will look into that as an option.

I’ve got an Equalizer hitch. They have some good YouTube videos and Technical Support. Call them first so they can recommend which video(s) or maybe they can give you enough info over the phone.

Power247

Can you post some pictures of your setup? The way these hitches work, if you have sway, you are excessively light on your tongue weight. or it's something is off in the setup.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Go-Fly

I towed a 29ft trailer with a half ton many years back. Added a second friction sway bar to the set up and it made all the difference in the world. Like others have said, you need to do the total package from tongue weight to tire pressure when towing but, you can feel it when you add the second. One thing I never liked about the friction bars was, they pop when you first put them on at the start of your trip. A mile down the road they stop. The manufacture says this is normal. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I’ve got an Equalizer hitch. They have some good YouTube videos and Technical Support. Call them first so they can recommend which video(s) or maybe they can give you enough info over the phone.

X2. You should be able you get your setup adjusted well enough to eliminate nearly all sway.
I have an equalizer hitch and have taken the time to adjust it properly and rarely ever notice any sway.

MountainDon

I have an e2 weight distributing anti sway hitch on my chevy half ton and North Trail 26.5 ft trailer

We have to put heavier bars on it when we got the north trail as our previous trailer was a lot lighter, but it works great - no sway at all.

The adjustments are crucial. you have to have enough tension on the hitch to make the anti sway work, but not so much that you can't attach the bars

In my config. I attach the ball, then raise the tongue to attach and lock in the bars and then lower the tongue and raise the tongue jack

The hitch has been great for me.

To understand your question, I would need to see pictures

Don