Leak in bedroom

todalake

We had our trailer out last week for the third time since we bought it and had our first rain. We noticed damp carpet in the bedroom by the slide next to the shower. The water is coming in somewhere from the underneath side of the slide. It may be starting higher but where we see it is at the bottom. I bought some calk and will try to fill up any gaps I can find. Any ideas out there

Thanks, Don

SmokeyBare

Check to see that the Side Seals are all out... and not folded back toward the inside. Sometimes they seem to hang up... and fail to flow outward when the slide room is extended. Check the Top Seal as well for this same condition.

That's my thoughts...

Marv

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Can you see daylight with the slide extended? If so that can be an indication the slide needs to be adjusted. There is also a little dam on the lip of the bottom of the slide frame. This keeps water from running down the side of the slide and making its way into the slide room. If the slide rubber seals are facing out when the slide is extended then that could be your problem. If it is in warranty you may want to have your dealer check it.

I had the same problem with my 3250TS. The rain was hitting the back window side of the bedroom slide, then running down the slide to the angle metal seal. After close inspection I found the metal was not caulk all the way (next to the coach). Not having caulk, I used electricial tape to see if this was the problem area. It was, an Heartland replaced the damage trim around the bed.

mandy101

we have a new bigcountry and have had 2 leaks in 2 different slides.
The first was the bedroom slide. The carpet got wet between the sink and bed where the slide meets the wall. Dealer said it was the sink drain which he tightened. I used paper towels placed under the sink and next to the bed to demonstrate it was not the sink, but the slide which was only wet when it rained.

While observing the slide in the rain, I noticed a production flaw that was causing our problem. The angle iron on the lower lip of one side of the slide was calked, but only down between the sidewall and angle iron. This left a depression in the caulk that allowed the rain to channel along the top of the angle iron, behind the black rubber and onto the floor of the camper. The depression was filled with caulk by the dealer and a small dam of caulk was placed just behind the first rubber seal on the top of the angle iron. This seems to have stopped the leak.

Check the caulk behind your rubber seals. We found that on most of our 4 slides the coulk stops at the rubber and does not extend on the trim behind. If any water travels along these horozontal services then it can make its way in as soon as the caulk ends