Hitch to use with a 2011 Cyclone 3950

Hello everyone. I have a 2011 Cyclone that will be pulled by my 2018 Ford F-350 SRW with short bed. I am wondering if any of you have used a B&W companion hitch w/factory pucks? Any clearance issues with the cab(not looking for 90 degree turns)? What about the Anderson Ultimate? Will it cause any harm to my bed? Thank you.

danemayer

Hi Voltman1959,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've got a great bunch of friendly and helpful people so I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

Eric1234

Good evening,

i have the Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch and it’s a good hitch. My previous truck was a short bed f350 and the Andersen hitch gave me the extra clearance I needed as to not hit the cab. We went from California to new York with no issues. I like how light weight the hitch only weighs 35 lbs allows to be taken out easily with not breaking your back, also goes the other way and helps with the weight on the rear axle of the truck.

Hope this helps

eric

hboy1

X2 on the Andersen. I’ve used it for 2 years in a short bed truck.

There will always be clearance issues with the short bed I think. I’ve seen and read where users of the companion and Andersen both damaged their trucks due to clearance issues. Being extra careful in the short bed helps most I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rblack222

I have the Anderson Ultimate, use it to tow a 2012 Cyclone 4014 HD. 2016 CCLB Dually Duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk