How Do these Plastic Wheel Caps come off?

hdjeff

HI, newbie here, both to RVing and this forum.

I bought a Heartland Pioneer RG22 two-axle toy hauler, and I want to check the torque on the wheel lug nuts.

I can find no discernable way how the plastic hub caps come off. There is no indent to use to pry the caps off. Before I start using brute force and risking damaging these plastic thing a ma jigs, does anyone have a suggestion how they come off?

Thanks,
HDJeff

danemayer

Hi hdjeff,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some good advice from other owners shortly.

rhodies1

With out seeing a pic of the caps you are referring,I believe they are twist off style.Put on a pair of rubber nitrile gloves for grip and grab the front of the cap and twist to the left.Re installing is insert cap over the lug nuts and twist to the right.
They can be pesky but will come off.
Good luck

Murne1982

I can find no discernable way how the plastic hub caps come off. There is no indent to use to pry the caps off buy steroids online. Before I start using brute force and risking damaging these plastic thing a ma jigs, does anyone have a suggestion how they come off?

been interested in finding out the exact same answer for quite a while now, however i see nobody answered this. just wanted to *bump* the thread and hope someone can help! thanks!

Last edited:

jerryjay11

I have a RL250 with plastic caps and they just snap on over the lug nuts. So a screwdriver with a bit of leverage should pop them off. Should be able to see at the edges of the caps small slots to grip with screwdriver.

hdjeff

With out seeing a pic of the caps you are referring,I believe they are twist off style.Put on a pair of rubber nitrile gloves for grip and grab the front of the cap and twist to the left.Re installing is insert cap over the lug nuts and twist to the right.
They can be pesky but will come off.
Good luck

Just got back from a camping trip, and was not able to respond sooner. Indeed, all it took was a counter-clockwise twist of the caps and they come right off, easy peasy. I was ready to start banging on them with a rubber mallet, when I thought to check the forum. Glad I did, and thank you!

A rubber mallet is still one of my favorite tools!:)

Best Regards,
HDJeff