Installation of handrail (Stromberg Carlson AM-800)

cruzin101

I installed this hand rail on the rear door. The screws are just beside the door frame in line with original handle. Does anyone know what kind of back is there?

LINK to product.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I would imagine there's a vertical support member next to the door that likely spans the full height of that wall.

RossRagan

We just purchased the same Handrail for our M28. We are installing it this weekend. Any tips?

Thanks Traci Kutsko

I put one on my M245 a few weeks back. Just abut it tight to the door frame and mark the hole locations and then pre-drill (my top bracket abuts the top of the small handle that came with the trailer). Doing this, I hit aluminum on both holes and the screws anchored nicely. My wife is very happy with the positioning of it and I like still having the small handle there for quick access.

cruzin101

I put one on my M245 a few weeks back. Just abut it tight to the door frame and mark the hole locations and then pre-drill (my top bracket abuts the top of the small handle that came with the trailer). Doing this, I hit aluminum on both holes and the screws anchored nicely. My wife is very happy with the positioning of it and I like still having the small handle there for quick access.

Thanks! I added ours the other weekend. My wife is very happy with it also! :)