Mallard M 302

kb9jxc

Hi all, I have a 2017 Mallard M 302 and I was wondering if a ladder can be added and be strong enough to hold a 210lb person?

danemayer

Hi kb9jxc,

On models with a ladder, there's a reinforcing board in the roof to which the ladder is anchored. When Camping World orders trailers with no ladder, there's probably no reinforcing board.

You might take a look at telescoping ladders. They're light weight and don't take up much space.

kb9jxc

Thanks for the response, I kinda figured it would need reinforcements, I heard of people doing it on other trailers. Just thought I’d ask.

RossRagan

Hi all, I have a 2017 Mallard M 302 and I was wondering if a ladder can be added and be strong enough to hold a 210lb person?

I purchased my M245 several weeks back and was looking for a ladder solution. I found on a thread somewhere a recommendation for a telescoping ladder. I just purchased one myself yesterday and intend to use it to get to my roof as well as use it inside as a bunk ladder when needed. They come in various lengths. I haven't used mine yet but thought I'd pass on the thought.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...field-keywords=xtend+climb+telescoping+ladder