2019 - Goshen Rally - Heartland Gives Back

JJnVA

Breaking News July 21, 2018! Heartland Gives Back initiative, 2019 North American Rally
Goal to raise $10,000 for Ronald McDonald House in South Bend, Indiana
static1.squarespace.com.png

Plans are progressing for a phenomenal Heartland Gives Back (HGB) initiative for the 2019 North American Rally in Goshen. The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Michiana, located in South Bend, Indiana will be our recipient (rmhcmichiana.org).
A lofty goal of $10,000 has been set, however, our HOC members are always opening their hearts to make a difference in the communities where we gather!

I am appealing to our club this far in advance of the 2019 rally as there are two other ways, besides cash, we can help families served by the Ronald McDonald House:

1. Handmade blankets in all sizes (adult & children) and childrens' caps are welcomed gifts. Heartland members who love to knit, crochet, and quilt need to get started NOW on crafting items to donate. Our goal is 100 items.
  2. RMHC can exchange aluminum can pull tabs for cash. We have named this RMHC signature fundraiser “Operation Grab-a-Tab”. Our goal is 30,000 tabs. NOW is the time to invite your friends and family to help you collect tabs. Get your grandchildren involved in the fun of collecting the aluminum pull tabs. Secure your tabs in one gallon ziploc bags to turn in at the Rally.

Let the FUN & FUND raising begin!*
For more information, I can be reached at judijudi@verizon.net

*Join in helping our HOC reach our fundraising goals for this incredible charity. If you are not able to attend the 2019 Rally in Goshen
frown.png
, you can still participate in this fundraiser with a credit card donation online (contact me for details). Or, if you would like to make a blanket or cap, collect pull tabs, then give them to an HOC member you know is attending.... or mail to me. All gifts are so appreciated!

Judi Barnett
2019 Heartland Gives Back Coordinator
North American Heartland Rally

Last edited:

JJnVA

It is time for an update on the exciting plans for our Heartland Gives Back initiative for the 2019 Goshen Rally!
Check out the details in Post #1!

JJnVA

Tis the Season!! - the season of giving and spreading love! Although we are 6 months away from the 2019 Goshen Rally, it is not too early to help with our goals for Heartland Gives Back. Two of our goals for support to Ronald McDonald House are 100 blankets or caps (handmade or store bought) and 30,000 aluminum pull tabs.
I figure that during the holidays there will be many aluminum cans opened. So, please remember Operation Grab-a-Tab and save those tabs for RMH to turn in for cash! After the holidays are over, with cold winter days/nights keeping everyone indoors, it will be a good time for hand-crafting blankets and caps!
See Post#1 for more details on our 2019 Heartland Gives Back at the North American Rally in Goshen.

Wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed holiday season!

Judi Barnett

JJnVA

Its a New Year for opening our hearts to others with the kindness and generosity Heartlanders are known for. Hoping to get this thread active hearing from the ladies who are busy making blankets and caps for our Heartland Gives Back Initiative at the Goshen Rally. Our hand-crafted goal is 100 items to be donated to the Ronald McDonald House in South Bend. Children ages infant to 21 and families benefit from these donations! Our major goal is $10,000 to support Ronald McDonald House services so spread the word.

How are you coming along? Crocheting, Knitting, Quilting?? .....let me know some numbers....sharing photos would be awesome for all of us to see.

Looking forward to hearing from one and all and seeing you in June at Goshen!

Judi Barnett

Last edited:
Its a New Year for opening our hearts to others with the kindness and generosity Heartlanders are known for. Hoping to get this thread active hearing from the ladies who are busy making blankets and caps for our Heartland Gives Back Initiative at the Goshen Rally. Our hand-crafted goal is 100 items to be donated to the Ronald McDonald House in South Bend. Children ages infant to 21 and families benefit from these donations! Our major goal is $10,000 to support Ronald McDonald House services so spread the word.

How are you coming along? Crocheting, Knitting, Quilting?? .....let me know some numbers....sharing photos would be awesome for all of us to see.

Looking forward to hearing from one and all and seeing you in June at Goshen!

Judi Barnett

I have 22 hats knitted to donate so far. I plan on making more for the rally as time permits. When we return home in April I will start making blankets.

Nancy

JJnVA

I have 22 hats knitted to donate so far. I plan on making more for the rally as time permits. When we return home in April I will start making blankets.

Nancy

Woo HOO! You go, Nancy! 22 hats is terrific..... thank you so much! Who else has been busy working with their hands and yarn??

JJnVA

Judi, I don't know if you have seen the rally thread about Heartland Quilting and More. There will be a building during the rally and possibly the pre-rally as well available for crafters to work and create. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the finished projects would be donated to Heartland Gives Back.
Interested people can read all about it
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-Rally-Heartland-Quilting-and-More?highlight=
Kathy,
I have been following the Quilting & More thread. What a great plan for the many talented & creative quilters in the HOC!

I will be THRILLED if quilts are donated to our Heartland Gives Back initiative! Any size will be so appreciated by the families at the Ronald McDonald House we are supporting in South Bend.

Thanks for touching base with me,
Judi

- - - Updated - - -

My daughter and I are starting to make some fringed, no-sew blankets.

Shel,
So glad you posted about fringed, no-sew blankets. Folks like myself who are all thumbs with knitting and crocheting can find this method of making blankets so EASY. Then they will have handmade blankets to give, but new store bought blankets are always welcome, too!

I know your daughter is enjoying another Heartland Gives Back project. Keep us posted on how you 2 are progressing as we get closer to the June Rally.

JJnVA

Registration has happened! Now just 3 months away from Pre-Rally and a week later RALLY! Still time to work on handmade blankets and shawls for our Heartland Gives Back initiative... Ronald McDonald House needs these items for children in the hospital and their parents anxiously waiting for their critically ill child to get better. What sizes needed? any size for the smallest of toddlers to adults - lap blankets or shawls to go around the shoulders are so welcomed for warmth and comfort. I know several ladies are churning out lots of chemo caps to donate.:eek:
Can't wait to see your beautiful creations at the Rally!!

Judi

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I could try making hats. Anyone have a pattern to share? Either knit or crochet. Thanks.
Betty Posz

Here is a link to Knit/Crochet patterns for baby hats that the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics offers for volunteers to use for making hats that are usually donated and given to the newborns.
https://uihc.org/baby-hats

The pattern is really easy to crochet. I don't know about the Knit pattern.

JJnVA

Here is a link to Knit/Crochet patterns for baby hats that the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics offers for volunteers to use for making hats that are usually donated and given to the newborns.

The pattern is really easy to crochet. I don't know about the Knit pattern.

Just a reminder that chemo caps are needed in all sizes. The children in hospital are ages newborn to 21!
Blankets are needed for families staying in Ronald McDonald House as well as children hospitalized, so all sizes are appreciated. Thank you for any and all handmades 😘. Judi

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Just a reminder that chemo caps are needed in all sizes. The children in hospital are ages newborn to 21!
Blankets are needed for families staying in Ronald McDonald House as well as children hospitalized, so all sizes are appreciated. Thank you for any and all handmades ��. Judi

The crochet and knit pattern I posted earlier is easy to make larger by adding additional stitches or rows for adults or kids.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Since knitting/crochet needles just don't fit my hands (LOL), we will donate store-bought baby and twin size blankets for the cause.

JJnVA

There will be opportunities to tour the Ronald McDonald House we are supporting with our Heartland Gives Back initiative at this year’s rally. The tour takes between 30-45 minutes. Will be nice to meet the staff and see all of the wonderful comforts offered to the families of critically ill children hospitalized.

A group tour has been scheduled during pre-rally on Tuesday, June 4 at 10:30 AM. Will depart our campground at 9:30 AM for South Bend, about 50 minute drive. Can ride share with “truck pools”. Contact me at 757-570-5009 to sign up.

If you want to tour on your own when it fits your schedule, RMHC staff will welcome you for an individual tour between hours of 9:00 am & 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday (both pre-rally & rally weeks).
After your tour, there are many things to see and do in South Bend. Make it a day trip and enjoy!

Judi Barnett
Heartland Gives Back Coordinator