Added DVD Player to Basement Storage Area (pics)

jbeletti

In many Heartland products, a TV jack and 110 volt AC outlet are included in the storage basement on the door-side in the event that you want to place a TV there and want to have another form of outdoor entertainment.

I have a 26" Jensen LCD TV in mine mounted on an articulating omni-style mount. I have it connected to the TV jack for off-air antenna use and I also have an HDMI cable connected to it from my bedroom satellite receiver.

I've been wanting to have the ability to play DVDs on this outdoor TV but did not want to run even more cables. What I did was buy a thin Philips DVD player for about $50 from Costco plus an HDMI cable.

This weekend while at the Michigan rally in Frankenmuth, a few of us guys were installing mods (trailer levels, screen door crash bars, screen door opener latches, new-style clothes closet door latches etc.) and I decided to install that DVD player.

Dave (Cookie) from Wisconsin assisted me and it took us about 15 minutes. Using wide industrial Velcro, I applied 3 long strips of it to the top of the DVD player case. We determined the idea placement for the player and pressed it to the ceiling just inside the baggage door to the left and nset maybe an inch. The player is about 1" thick so it is not in the way of the TV or anything else stored in there.

We routed the HDMI (for video and sound in a single cable - High Definition Multimedia Interface) and power cables together and attached them to the omni-arm mount.

That night, during a potluck dinner outside my coach, we were all entertained by Nicky and Tacy (Arnez and Ball) in The Long, Long Trailer. Fun!

Jim

Attachments

• dvd_player.jpg
    dvd_player.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 121