Travel trailer with rear kitchen , you own one ?

Homer1959

Is it true that I should stay away from this floorplan ? some are saying that the fridge will be a mess, drawer cupboard and other stuff will be found on the floor, that we have to secure everything before taking the road . If its true its a real bummer because we like this floorplan a lot . Please share your experience, not what you've heard thanks :)

4dollars

We had a 26ft bumper tow for 8 years and never had a problem. We loved it, the rear kitchen gave us more room when all of the family was with us and the wife was prepping dinner. You just need to make sure the fridge is closed and latched or with any rv you'll find the contents on the floor.

Own Mallard M25 with rear kitchen and nothing has fallen out or over. I do have Camco fridge tension rods and
line my cabinet bottoms with cut-to-fit thin yoga mat to prevent things from sliding around enroute, but we've done that with every RV we've owned during the past 40 years. Things will slide and move whether rear, center or front. Pick the floorplan you love and know that whatever problem you may come across, someone else has already made a fix for it.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have friends with rear kitchen and they have no problem. They wish Heartland still had one in production.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a '98 Mobile Scout with a rear kitchen. It worked well and we had no problems with it.

Homer1959

Thanks to all for the feedback , we are going to make an offer Jayflight 29 rks , unfortunatly it wont be a Prowler since we cant find any in our neck of wood that we liked , but your feedback was really appreciated , have a nice and long camping season and Ill try to have fun too even if we are going to be in a Jayco :eek: .. I know I know :)

Jayco or Prowler or Keystone or ....there is so much to learn that I will keep an eye on this forum, you can find nice people everywhere :) Take care :)