Almost Dropped The Bighorn.

caokgafamily

Since my accident I've been doing things a little different as far as set up and disconecting from the Bighorn Etc. We had a great weekend, I parked the Bighorn in driveway to get ready for clean up Etc. My driveway is lower towards the front of the Bighorn thus the front legs need to extend farther to lift it off the hitch. At this point with my injury I can no longer get down on my knees to do anything. I've been getting help from the dw or kids with the landing gear legs, I can operate the extend retract button. When we left the camground I must have ran the legs up higher than needed. At home I pulled the pin the legs dropped, I thought I got lucky because the both pins popped in. I assumed they went thru the holes and that the legs are longer than I thought. I lifted it off the hitch, then pulled the truck forward. Then I noticed that the legs where angled back about 5" on foot compared to where they go in the tube at the top. I moved the truck back under it and locked it in the hitch. As soon as I started lowering back down one of the legs completely fell out. At that point I realized what I had done. I felt like an idiot :mad:. Because I have been doing things different as a result of the injury and the combination of my driveway slope it almost caused me to drop the Bighorn. Lesson learned.

Uncle Rog

I think everybody has an "almost" story. I have several. My pre-flight and post-flight checklist gets longer with time!

Shadowchek

I think everybody has an "almost" story. I have several. My pre-flight and post-flight checklist gets longer with time!

I hear ya on the checklist the mental one just isn't working out for me. It takes more time rechecking things with the mental list and you still miss things.

Greg