Front End Cap

jhardin

I was cleaning and waxing my front end cap today and found this (see pic's). Is this a problem? Is it the paint or is the end cap cracking? Thanks in advance, Jerry
8c1870a32b9d3b70a74f3ad40d42fcc3.jpg
fa514777ad8a170f6b27a9564e7dfcaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I was cleaning and waxing my front end cap today and found this (see pic's). Is this a problem? Is it the paint or is the end cap cracking? Thanks in advance, Jerry
8c1870a32b9d3b70a74f3ad40d42fcc3.jpg
fa514777ad8a170f6b27a9564e7dfcaf.jpg

Looks like spider cracks in the gel coat/ clear coat

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jhardin

It's hard to tell given the extreme zoom, but there does seem to be some kind of oval shaped halo around the lower nexus of cracks.
Dan, I think what you're seeing is the reflection of my camera on my phone. It's seems the surface is real smooth and the cracking pattern is underneath, if that makes sense.

NHCelt

The answer is I don't know, but I have the same thing in one spot on my rear cap....I think it is cracking in gel. I would have them look at it if in warranty...I'm not so I'm not too concerned about it. Not spreading or getting worse.

carl.swoyer

The answer is I don't know, but I have the same thing in one spot on my rear cap....I think it is cracking in gel. I would have them look at it if in warranty...I'm not so I'm not too concerned about it. Not spreading or getting worse.
Nhcelt ,are you in NH?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk