SOLVED: Replacement fuel station pump (repaired)

2TrakR

Looks like our fuel pump failed over the winter. Anyone know the model for replacement or "upgrade"? I've not tore ours out yet to see what's going on with it. Fuse is good, timer seems to be working, not verified power at the pump itself.

2011 3950 Cyclone.

LBR

Re: Replacement fuel station pump

Stay in this forum you posted in. Do a search of "fuel pump" and you will find several older threads discussing this exact thing...including one about replacement gears. These pump gears can "swell" and drag against the pump housing and / or the cover....seizing up the pump.

2TrakR

Should have mentioned already doing the research here and elsewhere, but appreciate the insight. Most of those threads related to the bad gears, didn't see anyone mentioning a current replacement pump if that was what mine will ultimately need. Hopefully gear replacement/sanding is the fix for ours.

2TrakR

An update. Removed the fuel pump, popped the cover off, removed the plastic pump gears and then sanded one side down as per other threads. Put it back together and it's been working since, which has been a couple months now.

Nice that the pump did not need replacement.

BLR

Awesome news

Sent from BLR Logistics

Lynn1130

I think my thread on this problem is in there somewhere too. You will be ok for awhile but eventually you will need to replace the gears with the upgraded that do not swell. They were not cheap and I lucked out in that the pump maker sent me new free.

jeffdee

Just wanted to add this, gasoline starts breaking down after 6 months. I fill the tank with fresh fuel and stabilizer every September (prepared for hurricane season). Every spring I start drawing down the tank by fueling my ztr and four wheeler during the summer. I’ve been doing this for 5 years and I haven’t had any problems with the pump. I just emptied the tank yesterday and now need to refuel it. I only use non-ethanol gasoline in this tank and Seafoam as a stabilizer. I have a Cyclone 3110 with a single tank.