33bkss Delamination issue?

Mightymouse

The slide on my 33bkss is showing bubbles and signs of Delamination. It's only 2 years old, was covered both winters and is very well maintained, yet I have this issue.
Naturally I expect to get no where with Heartland, as the warranty was up almost a yeat ago. So, now what? Any suggestions?

sengli

Our rig is older than yours, but when it was a lot newer I still found multiple areas where the caulking was bad or just flaking away. Think as if the water proofing is from the top down. Look for a vent or window on that wall, and how water would get in. Check that caulking, if need be remove that fixture and reseal it.

Our rig is older than yours, but when it was a lot newer I still found multiple areas where the caulking was bad or just flaking away. Think as if the water proofing is from the top down. Look for a vent or window on that wall, and how water would get in. Check that caulking, if need be remove that fixture and reseal it.

I have a 2013 Gateway 3200RS and my delamination is at the right rear passenger side. It started as a small bubble but when we got unusual rains in March and May, SW Florida, a few more appeared. I was glad I waited till more appeared because the new delams are up near the seem between the roof and the fiberglass wall. So I think it is coming from the seem. Earlier I thought I isolated the leak and calked it, but, when we got the rains more delam appeared. This rig is 5 years old and don't think Heartland will fix it. So, my buddies and I are good with fiberglass and we may attempt to fix ourselves. I have another friend who paints cars professionally and can call on him too. There is a kit which one can inject epoxy between the falon and plywood and clamp the area overnight. Anybody use this kit? I think I will wait till cooler weather.

shive787

My 37 Ultimate is 4 yrs old and just this year I noticed a couple bubbles forming in random spots on both sides. When I did a walk around I noticed the entire back of the trailers fiberglass was separated , beside where the ladder was attached. I have a oppoinment with a local repair shop to give a estimate. I will be contacting my insurance company and hopefully they will cover it.

If your unit was built like mine, the rear end may look delaminated but it is not. The finished layer is loose just like under the front of the 5th wheeler. Don't remember the name of that. Also, the delamination on the rear sides of my Gateway 3200 is caused by the rusted screws letting in water where the rubber roof meets the side of the fiberglass. Too bad Heartland didn't use stainless. I have to replace the roof due to a tree branch scraping it for about 25 feet and that is when the tech noticed the screws.

My 37 Ultimate is 4 yrs old and just this year I noticed a couple bubbles forming in random spots on both sides. When I did a walk around I noticed the entire back of the trailers fiberglass was separated , beside where the ladder was attached. I have a oppoinment with a local repair shop to give a estimate. I will be contacting my insurance company and hopefully they will cover it.

shive787

If your unit was built like mine, the rear end may look delaminated but it is not. The finished layer is loose just like under the front of the 5th wheeler. Don't remember the name of that. Also, the delamination on the rear sides of my Gateway 3200 is caused by the rusted screws letting in water where the rubber roof meets the side of the fiberglass. Too bad Heartland didn't use stainless. I have to replace the roof due to a tree branch scraping it for about 25 feet and that is when the tech noticed the screws.

I will checks out the screws. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk