Planning on a new mod - replace oven with gas cooktop

Dennyha

My wife would like me to remove the Suburban 3 burner stove and oven and replace it with a gas cooktop and a drawer. I’ve seen other mods on here that involved replacing the entire countertop. My countertop wraps around to the sink, so I’d like to do the mod without replacing the countertop if I can. Are there RV propane cooktops that will fit into the footprint left by the stove? Is there an easy way to fill the gap in front of the cooktop? I can custom make the rails and drawers, but not sure of my options around the countertop.

Thanks for for your suggestions.

Garypowell

When I did mine 5+ years ago I called HL and asked them if I could buy a piece of scrap countertop. As usual there were several conversations and a picture or two to make sure I got the right pattern. I did and it worked well....just used crazy glue once I had made the piece.

Not sure to what lengths (no pun intended) they will go today but back then the price was reasonable.

At the same time I bought some hardware for the drawer I built. I had a damaged door from a warranty claim that I used for the front of the drawer.

I put in induction cooktop so don’t know about gas tops.

hoefler

I just took our gas cook top out, if you were closer, i would make you a crazy deal on it. You wouldn't be coming to Branson in the near future, would you?