PDA

View Full Version : Dometic Comfort Control Center (thermostat)

3760EL
05-27-2018, 11:24 PM
My air will not come on. Shows a code E1. What do I do?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

travelin2
05-28-2018, 06:18 AM
Loose 12v connection or no 12v power.
Search this forum for multiple treads on this topic. Here’s one example...

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/59425-Dometic-Whisperquiet-E1-error-code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer
05-28-2018, 06:22 AM
My air will not come on. Shows a code E1. What do I do?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkCommunication loss I believe.
Look at both ends of the communication cable ( looks like a phone cord flat). If you have any green inside the connection it's corrosion. Check the roof top connection as well. Clean it with battery post cleaner and do so with all power disconnected.
After it dries out use dielectric grease to prevent further corrosion. Good luck

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3760EL
05-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the information. I will check and clean those connections. Keeping my fingers crossed.

3760EL
05-29-2018, 07:05 PM
I checked and cleaned connection not the problem. Called my RV repair . Told me to turn unit off. Press the ZONE,MODE, and POWER button down at the same time wait till screen comes on IT WORKED. This resets the thermostat. So working now I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Communication loss I believe.
Look at both ends of the communication cable ( looks like a phone cord flat). If you have any green inside the connection it's corrosion. Check the roof top connection as well. Clean it with battery post cleaner and do so with all power disconnected.
After it dries out use dielectric grease to prevent further corrosion. Good luck

carl.swoyer
05-29-2018, 08:06 PM
I checked and cleaned connection not the problem. Called my RV repair . Told me to turn unit off. Press the ZONE,MODE, and POWER button down at the same time wait till screen comes on IT WORKED. This resets the thermostat. So working now I'll check again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkVery interesting! I'll try to keep that information in my subconscious mind.
Zonemodepower