Inverter Status Light

Jim_Hull

Folks,

I hope you can help me. A little while back I saw instructions on the forum for a status light mod to indicate your inverter is running while you are driving. It was a small green diode light mounted on the front of the unit, visible from the truck as you are driving. I believe it was originally done by either Jess or Jerrod, but I may be wrong.

I have searched and searched the forum this morning, but I cannot find that post now. Does anyone have those instructions or can you help me out on the how and what components to buy. Thanks in advance.

Jim Hull

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When you are trying to decide exactly where to mount the light:
1) Hook the truck to the camper
2) Put a piece of duct tape where you think is a good spot for the light
3) Get in the truck and check your mirrors. You'll want the tape (light) in a position where it's not in your direct vision in the mirror so it doesn't annoy you if driving after dark. It should, however, be in a position so it can be seen with just a little head movement.

Jim_Hull

Thanks to all who replied. I actually did the mod about 2years a go, but my cousin was asking me to tell him how I did it because he has a new SOB with a residential fridge and he wanted the peace of mind. I just couldn’t remember all the details.