Changing out Vent fan motor on Bathroom fan vent

busted2341

Does anyone or has anyone changed out the vent fan motor on the bathroom vent? It just quit. I am assuming it is the motor since I can see no other problem other than the thing will not trurn on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary521

Yes, parts are available. I would not replace the thing, if it were me. I does not move any air and is just a nose maker. There are a couple alternatives one of which is a Fantastic Fan.

busted2341

Yes, parts are available. I would not replace the thing, if it were me. I does not move any air and is just a nose maker. There are a couple alternatives one of which is a Fantastic Fan.

I never thought of that. After your suggestion, I looked on Camping World and found this; Vortex Replacement Vent Fan Upgrade ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZab3lJJBw ). This video makes this look easy and it has its own motor. Just the motor itself to replace is $30 plus so I am hoping this is my fix. Of course the video makes it look easy and only a minutes long job but somehow this will be a 4 hour job for me! I'll post results.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It is pretty easy, I’ve done two of them. I recommend getting the multi-speed, forward/reverse model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

I seem to recall that the Vortex is not compatible with the lever-style vent. Be sure to check if you have the lever vs the crank style vent.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I seem to recall that the Vortex is not compatible with the lever-style vent. Be sure to check if you have the lever vs the crank style vent.

True, unless they’ve made one that will work with the lever type. Fortunately, mine were the crank style.

busted2341

True, unless they’ve made one that will work with the lever type. Fortunately, mine were the crank style.

Ya...Thanx..looking at it I just realized I have the lever so now what? Why can't heartland just use the same interchangable parts that everyone else does?