Does the Magnum CSW1012 have a reset button?

SteamboatSailor

After working (apparently) fine for a year on our 2018 RW (even with a Hisense residential fridge) our inverter has apparently gone on the fritz. In reading back through the forum posts I notice mention of a reset button (not the GFCI reset button) that fixed the problem for one member. I’m hoping that will solve our problem, but I have scrutinized our inverter from top to bottom & am unable to find a reset button & there is no mention of one in owner’s manual. The problem started this past weekend on our first trip out after the coach being in winter storage for several months. Batteries appear to be charged according to the lights on the panel ( unplugged from shore power, but have not checked actual voltage with a voltmeter). Inverter seems totally dead.

LBR

Don't assume that your batteries have enough amperage for your inverter to kickstart the refrigerator after sitting for many months....get a good charge on them and try it again.

Our inverter will drop out and sound it's alarm at 11.2 amps or less when the refrigerator tries to start.

danemayer

There is a remote ON/OFF button in your control panel, and a local button on the bottom edge of the inverter.

If no 12V power is getting to the inverter, the 2nd battery cutoff switch may be OFF, or the fuse near the batteries is blown.

Take a look at our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide which includes a block diagram of the electrical along with a diagnostic flowchart.

SteamboatSailor

Don't assume that your batteries have enough amperage for your inverter to kickstart the refrigerator after sitting for many months....get a good charge on them and try it again.

Our inverter will drop out and sound it's alarm at 11.2 amps or less when the refrigerator tries to start.

When this problem was first noticed it was after we had been sitting on shore power for 2 days cooling the fridge, dewinterizing, & “sweetening” the fresh water tank. We were getting ready to hit the road, going through the pre-departure list; when I hit the remote on the inverter to switch it on...nada. According to the panel lights there was plenty of juice in the batteries (4 lights, shore power already disconnected), but i did not have my voltmeter with me to check actual voltage.Ill be back at the coach tomorrow & check actual voltage on the batteries.

SteamboatSailor

There is a remote ON/OFF button in your control panel, and a local button on the bottom edge of the inverter.

If no 12V power is getting to the inverter, the 2nd battery cutoff switch may be OFF, or the fuse near the batteries is blown.

Take a look at our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide which includes a block diagram of the electrical along with a diagnostic flowchart.

The inverter problem was first noted when I tried to turn it on via the remote button in the coach. Then tried the power button on the end of the inverter. Battery cutoff switch was definitely on....but here’s info that might help diagnose....when i turned the battery cutoff switch off & back on, then pushed the inverter power button I got a split second of green light, a beep from the inverter, then nothing. Meaningful?

Dan, I had forgotten about the manual reset circuit breakers on the buss bar by the batteries. Thanks for the suggestion of the manual. I’ll check that along with actual voltage reading on the batteries.

danemayer

No. I tripped the GFCI by hitting the test button, & it would not reset. I think I read that the GFCI would not reset while the inverter is off. Sound correct?
That's correct.

You might unplug the transfer switch from the inverter to see if that makes any difference to getting the inverter powered up.

LBR

I would call Magnum Dimensions at this point, or download the PDF of it...you are definately makeing it sound like the inverter is bad.

SteamboatSailor

I would call Magnum Dimensions at this point, or download the PDF of it...you are definately makeing it sound like the inverter is bad.

PROBLEM SOlVED!! It was simply operator error, & I’ll post what I was doing wrong only if everyone promises that the next time we meet up down the road or at a rally I don’t see a lot of guys pointing their finger at me and laughing. There are two main electrical disconnect switches, one in the basement that controls the electrical supply to the interior of the coach & one in the battery compartment that controls electrical supply to the inverter. The power lead in the basement is running horizontal so the picture of the battery on the handle of that cutoff switch needs to be horizontal so the switch contact points are inline with the power lead, duh! The power lead to the inverter is running vertical, so to put the contact points of the cutoff inline the battery picture needs to be vertical, duh. Because I turned the switch in the basement on first to power up the slides, jacks, etc. in my senior moment I was turning the cutoff switch to the inverter horizontal cuz that’s the way the other one needed to be.

There! I’ve bared my soul for the whole world to see! One would think that having lived in the coach several months last summer while we covered 16000 miles would have overcome my senior moment. But alas, not to be. Thanks everyone for your input & willingness to share your expertise. Life is good again....