Garage bed

Claudia1

What has anyone done to make the advertised "queen" bed into an actual bed? The darn thing is 3 x 60 x 88. Where do you get linens? And also, when lowered it is still up in the air. Do you have to buy a bunk ladder?

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Claudia1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I've moved your thread to a better area of the forum. Since you mention "garage", I assume this is on one of the toy haulers. I'm sure another toy hauler owner will provide some feedback shortly.

caokgafamily

What has anyone done to make the advertised "queen" bed into an actual bed? The darn thing is 3 x 60 x 88. Where do you get linens? And also, when lowered it is still up in the air. Do you have to buy a bunk ladder?

Claudia1 welcome to the forum.

I believe because the mattress is only 3" thick you will have enough sheet to put under the ends. You could also buy a CA King sheet set that is longer at 84". I own a Torque so I bought a little step ladder that I use to get on the bed.

Good luck.

avvidclif

A queen sized air mattress with fitted sheets is much more comfortable and doesn't have to be removed.

Gerri

I purchased two Queen sized mattressesa few weeks back. The boxes arrived in pristine condition and the product inside was througly protected. The directions to inflate and deflate are clearly explained and the process is a snap."Fitted sheets is much more comfortable",i confirm it!

Last edited:

Beisek

I am also feeling a bit frustrated with the queen bed. I don’t care about the mattress but the fact that it doesn’t come down more is mind boggling. No way to get up or down. Ended up using benches with the foam. I feel like it’s a total waste of money.

Dahillbilly

I am also feeling a bit frustrated with the queen bed. I don’t care about the mattress but the fact that it doesn’t come down more is mind boggling. No way to get up or down. Ended up using benches with the foam. I feel like it’s a total waste of money.
there four stops for the queen bed; one each in the support rails mounted to the walls. You can make some adjustment by lowering the stops. Have heard of others that removed the stops & let the bed follow the lower benches even lower, not sure I would trust that for sleeping. One option would be drilling holes at the position you wnat it in the side rails & use the 4 pins that hold the bed at the top when not in use. My 2 cents worth. Good luck