42" Olivea TV in the 3400RE

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have read about a lot of problems with the Olivea TV's. What I haven't heard is anyone having a problem with the 42" Olivea TV's that came in the BH 3400RE.

Has anyone had to replace one of these? If so how did you go about replacing it.. It is mounted on 2x4's and looks like it is hard to access the back of the TV. We have traveled into Canada and gone over some very rough roads and it is still in place and working well. We travel fulltime and we use it every day. In fact the other day our Surge Guard tripped and we thought the TV had gone out. I was looking all over to find out what happened when it came back on. Gun shy I guess from all the ones that are being replaced.
If you replaced your 42” Olivea what did you replace it with and how did you mount it.
We are in the process of replacing the Colby. Ours finally started cutting out.

RVFun4Us

Bob and Pat,

Our Big Horn 3055 has an Olevia TV in it but not the 42 inch. No problems with it so far but we also just had our Coby receiver replaced. It kept freezing in the middle of DVDs or just would not play them period. So we had it replaced with a Samsung receiver. Boy, what a difference. Better picture, better sound, no freezing. Would highly recommend the Samsung and remember, if you are under your manufacturer warranty, they should replace at no cost. Just work through your dealer. Good luck.

Larry.b

Our Coby receiver is also giving problems. What model number is the Samsung receiver? I need to replace mine.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Our Coby receiver is also giving problems. What model number is the Samsung receiver? I need to replace mine.

Larry
As RVFun4Us said check with your dealer or Heartland if your unit is still under warranty..

Thanks for the responses... However I am looking for someone that has a 42". I am not having any problems.. Just want to know if anyone is having a problem and how they removed the TV. It is mounted solidly in the rear of the trailer. I would even like to know how it was mounted. It looks like a real job to replace if needed in the future.. I hope that never happens.

I contacted Olevia to see which model I have and they just told me the same thing I know. I think it is the lower model that is 1080i not 1080p.

N9MB

We have not had any problems with our 42" Olevia. I also carry a 32" Olevia in the basement which I have had for several years and haven't had any problems with it either. They have both been over some very rough roads, especially I80 through Iowa and Illinois, and survived the beating. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Last edited: