Rubber roof coming loose

Rcnewell11

I was wondering on why roofing is coming loose on top under trim on front cap and wrinkling and sliding towards front ac unit.The sides of front cap are tight and looks good but top of cap where rubber roofing goes underneath is pulling out from traveling down road.I had this problem before 3 months ago and it is doing it again .I had to put new screws in it again and a hair bigger diameter and quarter inch longer and caulk again .I didn’t know if there is a gasket that goes under trim piece to tighten down against rubber roofing and keep it tight then caulk it again.I need maybe bigger screws yet and a little longer and maybe holes are stript .I can stick my fingers under trim piece when this happens .I have 2015 landmark Ashland and stored inside my pole barn all the time when not camping every few weeks .

Bones

I was wondering on why roofing is coming loose on top under trim on front cap and wrinkling and sliding towards front ac unit.The sides of front cap are tight and looks good but top of cap where rubber roofing goes underneath is pulling out from traveling down road.I had this problem before 3 months ago and it is doing it again .I had to put new screws in it again and a hair bigger diameter and quarter inch longer and caulk again .I didn’t know if there is a gasket that goes under trim piece to tighten down against rubber roofing and keep it tight then caulk it again.I need maybe bigger screws yet and a little longer and maybe holes are stript .I can stick my fingers under trim piece when this happens .I have 2015 landmark Ashland and stored inside my pole barn all the time when not camping every few weeks .

Pictures would help. Two things air is getting inside the front cap and working its way through the roof. Second the roof depending on how bad may need to be pulled back and re-glued.

sengli

Hey Rob

Met you at the wabash camp ground some time ago. Pretty sure that roof material is supposed to be glued to the roof. Sounds as if yours has a spot where its not.

Rcnewell11

Hey Rob

Met you at the wabash camp ground some time ago. Pretty sure that roof material is supposed to be glued to the roof. Sounds as if yours has a spot where its not.
Nice hearing from u again and maybe seen u on road somewhere near Markle,in one day maybe.I talked to heartland and they said it needs reglued and stapled and tucked back under trim piece and caulk .I am taking to Decatur dealer ship they recommended and they can fix it.I think he said maybe couple hours to fix it.I want to get fixed before we have problems.Nice hearing from u again

wdk450

I have heard of people slitting the loose rubber membrane, spraying spray contact glue on the roof surface, and re-sticking down the rubber membrane. You can then patch the rubber membrane with Eternabond or Dicor repair tapes. Eternabond and Dicor make 4 inch wide tapes that can take the place of end cap caulking, and can reasonably be expected to last 15 years or more. I have even installed their 1 inch tape over the drip gutter to rubber roof seam on both sides the entire length of the roof.

R8RNAZ

I have heard of people slitting the loose rubber membrane, spraying spray contact glue on the roof surface, and re-sticking down the rubber membrane. You can then patch the rubber membrane with Eternabond or Dicor repair tapes. Eternabond and Dicor make 4 inch wide tapes that can take the place of end cap caulking, and can reasonably be expected to last 15 years or more. I have even installed their 1 inch tape over the drip gutter to rubber roof seam on both sides the entire length of the roof.

Pictures of this job would be really cool. Would you please post a couple of the 1 taped to gutter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro