Camper shakes a lot

citigonzo

It seems like my Pioneer DS310 still shakes a lot after the stabilizers are down. I use X-chock on one side, and wheel chocks on the other. Stabilizers are electric and I put them down until they stop. However when someone is walking in the camper, even my 5 year old, it rocks the entire camper. Any suggestions?

Domi

Welcome to the forums.

We have a North Trail and we had shaking but using X chocks on both sides cured that. You might try another X chock and see if that helps. I also go out about an hour or so after we are parked and tighten the X chocks again, then again the next morning and that seems to help also. I also tend to run the stablizers down a bit past touching just to make sure that they are taking some load. You might also try retracting the tounge jack a little which should force more weight on the stablizers without using the electric motors.

Good luck and hopefully you will find a fix.

John

Power247

It seems like my Pioneer DS310 still shakes a lot after the stabilizers are down. I use X-chock on one side, and wheel chocks on the other. Stabilizers are electric and I put them down until they stop. However when someone is walking in the camper, even my 5 year old, it rocks the entire camper. Any suggestions?
We have the same experience with DS310. X-chocks on both sides helped some. I am researching BAL stabilizers/JT Strongarms but the seem to be more suited for scissor jacks than the power jacks on our rigs.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

I found the same thing with the Mallard M25. This trailer has the "wide trac" wheels so I am not sure the x chock will work...any thoughts?

Cotty

I found the same thing with the Mallard M25. This trailer has the "wide trac" wheels so I am not sure the x chock will work...any thoughts?

BAL X-chock has an extended version part number 28014 that will fit. Just ordered my set...hoping for the best.

RossRagan

Welcome to the forums.

We have a North Trail and we had shaking but using X chocks on both sides cured that. You might try another X chock and see if that helps. I also go out about an hour or so after we are parked and tighten the X chocks again, then again the next morning and that seems to help also. I also tend to run the stablizers down a bit past touching just to make sure that they are taking some load. You might also try retracting the tounge jack a little which should force more weight on the stablizers without using the electric motors.

Good luck and hopefully you will find a fix.

John

This might help, but I would be cautious about how much load you put on them via the tongue jack. If they are electric stabilizer jacks, the motor gear assembly is not real robust and it is hard to determine how much force a half inch or so on the tongue jack translates to force on the stabilizer jacks.

esscobra

before moving to bighorn- had 32 ft tt and during stays of more than 1 or 2 nights and if had more people - I found that putting 4 of the camco stabilizers between the electric stabilizers would nearly eliminate all of the movement- the are aluminum and hae screw adjusters- I would set up and let unit settle a bit then install them . also I had a long slide on the off door side and used 2 of the slide supports under the arms and unit was solid and no more feeling people walking around

jerryjay11

You do realize by removing weight off the tongue jack will remove some weight from the rear stab jacks as well, defeating your objective. The X chocks do help but this type stabilizers due to design will always have some flex.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
X-Chocks pretty much gets rid of all the shake in my Prowler.

I also tighten them again after about three hours of getting off the road as the tires cool and shrink a little.

I also tighten them again the next morning when they are cooled off and usually get another turn or two.

ProwlerNewTires.jpg

Domi

My NorthTrail also has a wide track. The X chocks comes in 2 versions one of which works well for the wider spaced tires. Nice thing is it should also work for the narrow tires if needed.

John