Slide out topper

Simsbud

Afternoon everyone I’m new to the forum! Recently purchased a 2018 heartland pioneer bh270, I had ordered a slide out topper from camping world rv took it in to install it and they said they can’t install it due to the structure of the rv. Anyone on here have a slide out topper on one of these rvs thanks for your time!

CoveredWagon

Afternoon everyone I’m new to the forum! Recently purchased a 2018 heartland pioneer bh270, I had ordered a slide out topper from camping world rv took it in to install it and they said they can’t install it due to the structure of the rv. Anyone on here have a slide out topper on one of these rvs thanks for your time!

If you are saying you have. BH3270rs then yes toppers can be installed. We have a 2018 3270rs and had toppers installed at the factory. The dealer also told me the could be installed at the dealership if necessary. Of course I wasn’t dealing with CW.

sengli

The way the walls are made, with foam, and very thin plywood and aluminum structure. There isnt a lot of "meat" in these walls to actually fasten to. If they are saying they wouldnt do it, I would listen to them. Sure you could attach it, but it might pull off without some aluminum structure in the walls to screw to.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at pictures of a Pioneer it seems that there is just not enough room from the top of the slide to the roof line to install a slide topper or as has been mentioned there may not be enough meat to secure the hardware.

Peace
Dave

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Call Heartland and ask them directly what can be done.