SOLVED: (ice maker line) Major water leak under our 39’ 2015 Big Country

dmclane

I noticed a leak right under the area of the kitchen sink. The camper was winterized but it appears that there was a line breakage right under the area of the sink. One concern is the under covering attached on the under carriage. Any ideas to gain access for the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Re: Major water leak under our 39’ 2015 Big Country

I think most of the island equipped kitchens are pretty much the same for plumbing. There are two PEX lines(hot and cold) that run from the basement area to the under side of the island. They come up thru the floor and terminate with screw on fittings to attach to the kitchen sink fixture. I would look at the screw on fittings as the leak source. My first thought is, the pex is almost indestructible, unless it was cut somehow. If so the coroplast covering will have to cut, to access the bottom of the coach where the PEX lines were run.

I have had those screw on fittings fail on my RV twice so far, the internal gasket no longer worked. Same fittings as the shower , on the back side of the fixture there.

dmclane

I think most of the island equipped kitchens are pretty much the same for plumbing. There are two PEX lines(hot and cold) that run from the basement area to the under side of the island. They come up thru the floor and terminate with screw on fittings to attach to the kitchen sink fixture. I would look at the screw on fittings as the leak source. My first thought is, the pex is almost indestructible, unless it was cut somehow. If so the coroplast covering will have to cut, to access the bottom of the coach where the PEX lines were run.

I have had those screw on fittings fail on my RV twice so far, the internal gasket no longer worked. Same fittings as the shower , on the back side of the fixture there.

Thanks. I am about to tackle the fix. That sure give me a place to start. Will provide an update.

dmclane

Thanks. I am about to tackle the fix. That sure give me a place to start. Will provide an update.

We fixed the problem, there is a which goes to the refrigerator which is connected under the sinks in route to the water dispenser and ice maker. The line had some water left in it which froze. Pulled a new line through and make the connections. Turned out better that I thought with no invasion of the membrane underneath.

sengli

There must be a million threads on here about those water lines that go to the residential type fridges having leaks due to pinches, kinks, or lust loose fittings. A lot of people have gone to stainless braided lines on that particular application.